Race Powerglide Builder in Australia?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I just spoke with Jeff Dellow at Dellow Automotive in Australia and the news was good: the detached Australian and "machined-off bell" USA powerglide both bolt up to the Dellow 1UZ-to-powerglide bell housing. Their bell housing uses the pump bolts to mount the glide. Now, my next decision is where to source my race trans and racing converter: Australia or the USA. Any recommendations for a good race powerglide and converter source in Australia? I have e-mailed Michael at MV Automatics downunder already. The shipping would be less from Australia to Bangkok.

You can follow my build thread here over at Forced Induction Projects on this site, or on my web blog: http://drjeffbangkok.squarespace.com/racing-projects-blog/

Australia for the powerglide Norm from Northmead Auto Centre (02) 96396666, he is one of the best in the business and has the fastest race powerglide in Australia, 6.2@237. he built the one for our 1Uz runs 8.3@165 1100hp. its only a stock case we haven't upgraded yet.

Converter u want to go for the US for that, get a Neal Chance converter.

Last edited:
FoPar > Thanks for the referral. I will check out Northmead. I also lean to a Neal Chance converter. What do people say about the Australian "Dominator" torque converters for racing?

no probs. if ur serious about the engine you're building and want to get the most out of it, NC is the way to go. it's converter cars are among the fastest in the world. forget about any Aussie brand, US built like NC, Coan, PTC are aong the best.

FoPar > Thanks again. Do you have a web page for your racing operation? I'd like to see your set-up.

How did you mount your torque converter so the clearance to the PG pump was correct? . . . Did you have the TC builder weld custom tabs? . . . . Did you use the 1UZ flex plate? . . . How about your trans mount; Dellow purpose-built bell, adapter to the 1UZ bell, or block adapter to the PG bell? I am leaning toward the Dellow bell.

Thanks in advance for your time and interest.

FoPar > Thanks again. Do you have a web page for your racing operation? I'd like to see your set-up.

How did you mount your torque converter so the clearance to the PG pump was correct? . . . Did you have the TC builder weld custom tabs? . . . . Did you use the 1UZ flex plate? . . . How about your trans mount; Dellow purpose-built bell, adapter to the 1UZ bell, or block adapter to the PG bell? I am leaning toward the Dellow bell.

Thanks in advance for your time and interest.

we use the dellow bellhousing with the factory flex plate. Norm would have more details about how it was all done. it was done about 3 years ago, i do remember the factory converter was too tall so we had to get it made smaller to fit into the Dellow. i believe it was 15mm too tall, if u contact NC to get a 1UZ converter made they already have the CAD program as they copied ours for the future when we want a bolt together or if anyone else wants a UZ converter.

there is no build info, it was finished before we even knew about forums like lextreme and v-eight.com you will find info after the build and what we have done since.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?p=116131#post116131

I just spoke with Jeff Dellow at Dellow Automotive in Australia and the news was good: the detached Australian and "machined-off bell" USA powerglide both bolt up to the Dellow 1UZ-to-powerglide bell housing. Their bell housing uses the pump bolts to mount the glide. Now, my next decision is where to source my race trans and racing converter: Australia or the USA. Any recommendations for a good race powerglide and converter source in Australia? I have e-mailed Michael at MV Automatics downunder already. The shipping would be less from Australia to Bangkok.

You can follow my build thread here over at Forced Induction Projects on this site, or on my web blog: http://drjeffbangkok.squarespace.com/racing-projects-blog/

im simular weight to you
car runs mid 6's @ 200 +
local built Transmissions , in North Queensland, australia
pm me if you want to be hooked up to the glide builder