R154 and W58 Shifter location in SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Have we figured out where the shifter will lie in the SC400 with these 2 trannies?

Im most likely going to end up with a W58, but maybe the MK3 R154.

Either way, I dont want it end up in the radio like Ive seen. Blizzy is working on his R154 now, but thats all I know.

Does anyone have hard info on where these 2 trannies will land in the car? I plan on using an adapter plate, unless a bellhousing becomes affordable... and easily available.

Matt

From the ones I have worked on the R154 shifter fits through the hole pretty much in the correct place. The W58 with a rear mount shifter sits slightly forward of the shifter hole. We worked on a manual conversion in my workshop and we used a box which we were told was a W59. It was like a normal W series box with an extended rear mount shifter supposedly out of a townace van of all things. This box fitted perfect with the shifter in the perfect place. Cheers

Matt, remember that the SC300 and the MKIV N/A's use a W58 that had a remote shifter set up and will be a factory fit and also along with that that I forget to mention before in the PM's is that the SC300 driveshaft will then fit..... Something else that I just remembered is the pontiac Solstice is a really go possibility for you to use inplace of the R154. They are basically a much improved R154 with a remote shifter, but the shifter is about 8" back from a supra R154 where the Soarer R154 is only about 4" back from the Supra unit so would still requier shifter mods to work.

I think I will be going with the W58 and get the extension.

So that means the 1uz and the 2jz both sit in the same location (in the rear of the motor)?

I want to go all out on the SC and get the R154, but the likely hood of me reaching that power limit with the Vortech safely and staying affordable is unlikely at the moment.

Chris I am glad to know that the SC300 driveshaft will work. The w58 from the Mk3 and the SC/Supra MK4 are the same right? minus any shifter adapter of course?

I found a guy who has a W58 out of a MK3 for $50 local with 70k miles on it. I think thats a pretty good deal, no?

I think I will be going with the W58 and get the extension.

So that means the 1uz and the 2jz both sit in the same location (in the rear of the motor)?

I want to go all out on the SC and get the R154, but the likely hood of me reaching that power limit with the Vortech safely and staying affordable is unlikely at the moment.

Chris I am glad to know that the SC300 driveshaft will work. The w58 from the Mk3 and the SC/Supra MK4 are the same right? minus any shifter adapter of course?

I found a guy who has a W58 out of a MK3 for $50 local with 70k miles on it. I think thats a pretty good deal, no?

No, the whole tailshaft housing is different and IIRC, the DS bolts to a yoke flange at the tranny just as it does in the 400. You will want the SC300 / MKIV N/A tranny.