Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Update

Hey gang,
  • The boost has been adjusted on the wastegates. MInimum boost now set at 10 lbs.
  • The Profec B is being removed, and boost will be controlled by the Autronic ECU, as it is a much better way to do...Anybody need a Profec B? :rolleyes:.
  • I had to order the Serial Port connector and terminator plug from Innovate so I can re-program the second analog output connected to the AFR Gauge. That will fix the gauge, and I can then read boost from the cabin without having to connect my computer to my car just to see AFR readings when driving around.
  • Completing the wire trace so I can stop having to press the manual release every time I want to move the gated shifter into reverse or park from drive....Currently, that is a serious pain in the rear...:rolleyes:
If all goes well, I should have the car back on the dyno next week with Darin. I will keep you posted.

Ryan

Last edited:
Progress Update

Just want tp give all of you an update. As I mentioned recently, I needed to get the boost controller sorted out, along with the Innovate Air/Fuel gauge reading the mix coming from the wideband, fix the gated shifter auto shift lock issue, and button up the car. This is all completed now.

The Innovate is a pain...great unit, accurate, quality, but, the LC1 is a bit painful and very complex to set up and program. The wideband has to frequently be "free air" calibrated because any anomaly in the wiring resets it. It also cannot share power and ground with other devices because of it's stringent tolerances for voltage. But it is working well now...

My interior is mostly buttoned up now, and that makes my car feel much more complete. No more tons of wires hanging out everywhere. You can see from the pics that it now looks like a car again...

Just finalizing a few more items and back to the dyno...hopefully within the next few weeks at most. Car drives well...

The customizing of my interior will be after the dyno, and then the buttoning up of the exterior. Wow, it has been a very long time...

08196a0f.jpg

d4252781.jpg

More to come soon. :cool::)

Ryan

Well, to all in the USA, I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend! It was great here, especially Friday and Saturday. My wife and I went down to Lido Beach in Sarasota, FL, and got a beach front room and just enjoyed the sun, the sand and the ocean (Gulf of Mexico). What a beautiful spot. Gonna be driving the Lexus there soon...

From my balcony just past sunset:
d2382a10.jpg

Morning balcony shot:
41f6e41b.jpg

From my lounge chair on the beach:
f36fa9f2.jpg

Dessert Friday night, Creme Brûlée, Yum:
eb047bea.jpg

I drove my SC this weekend with the interior back together with the boost gauge working, the Innovate AFR Gauge working, the new Haltech Boost Solenoid installed, the Turbo Timer installed, the Pioneer Avic Z2 working, the climate control working, etc...it is a car again!!! I just love this car, and I have worked out all of my plans for the interior and exterior details. I cannot wait. It is a lot of joy driving this car again. NOW, TIME FOR THE NEXT DYNO TUNE...:D

SC400TT

Remember, the Dyno is scheduled for this Friday at 2pm. Wish me well...

So, I lucked out as my wonderful wife, who is most frugal, decided she did not want me to buy her a brand new SUV, but she wants me to pay off her Forerunner, and mod it a little...Namely, the stereo system. She wants an in-dash DVD/NAV, Bluetooth, backup camera, XM/Sirius, upgraded speakers and apms, and tinit added to her windows. I said sure! In fact, I am providing her with a brand new Head Unit (Soundstream), and transferring my whole system (sans the Pioneer AVIC Z3) over to her car...She gets the component 2-way/3-way Mb Quart speakers, the JL 10" Sub, and the 2 Alpine V-12 Amps (5 channel, and mono for the Sub). She is stoked, and so am I!

I get to buy new stuff for the Lexus sound system. I am keeping the Pioneer AVIC Z2, Bluetooth, and Backup camera. I am adding the following to the car, and having it customized in the trunk:

Amps:
1L.jpg
2L.jpg

Subs:
1Sb.jpg
2Sb.jpg
3L.jpg

Continued...

Last edited:
Got rained out again yesterday:eek:

We are trying again next week, but we will need to match our schedules and shoot for a sunny and dry day...I will be watching the forecasts...

Ryan

Addressing electrical issue before Darin tunes it again. I noticed a big power drop off in the electrical system. Making sure the battery is not an issue as it is an Optima, and they tend to die easily after a while and fail to hold a charge well. Also, I appear to have not enough alternator output to handle the fans and additional electrical itmes I added...I expected this would become an issue, so I just ordered a high outout alternator from Lextreme. It puts out 202 amps, which is over twice the stock alternator, and it is the same unit as stock, only rebuilt for higher output. Too many systems depend upon the voltage being consistent, and I am having issues with that right now. I should have this straightened out by the weekend. So, I expect a dyno next week with Darin.

Now is the tweaking of my build, so that takes a little while to resolve, but it is close.

Ryan

Ryan I have the same problem with my car, I had upgraded my alternator but it seems I have low idle probably due to a dirty idle valve controller...I adjusted my idle in the meantime to compensate temporarily. How many volts are you running when the fan, lights, and a/c on all at the same time?

Installed the rear mount STB from Scooter!

Guys, the rear mount STB is is installed on my car. I did notice what seems to be more stability when driving it. I like it quite a bit, and I am happy I bought it. I believe it is worth buying and installing on the SC!

Ryan

Ryan,
How are the new e fans working? Do they eliminate the heat issue? I just ordered a pair of thin 14" Zirgo fans with 2780 cfm/each and they just blow me away. Too powerful. I'm happy. :p

Is that the one Spdcrr71 makes?

Correct. I will take pics of mine and post up installed in my car. Here are a couple of pics attached:
2a2c53b9.jpg
737b287d.jpg

Ryan,
How are the new e fans working? Do they eliminate the heat issue? I just ordered a pair of thin 14" Zirgo fans with 2780 cfm/each and they just blow me away. Too powerful. I'm happy. :p

I have not overheated once since I installed the SPAL's, I have driven the car in the heat of summer traffic with the AC on, and still steady. Glad the Zirgos are working for you...

Ryan

Last edited: