Pre Vs. Post Supercharger Injector (S)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Is there any disadvantages having one or two extra injectors before a supercharger (root)? I am referring to post TB - Pre Charger type of setup.

Most larger (gmc 6/71, 8/71) superchargers on IC engine applications run the fuel through the supercharger especially if using carbs. Actually I've yet to see a carb fed supercharger that doesn't. Alot of these run teflon strips on the edge of the rotor to improve sealing. Though the coating used on the eatons might be less durable.

I know of quite a few who run water through the small toyota superchargers SC14's ect with no adverse affects, though I believe they are internally flourine resin coated not teflon.

I have heard of deteriation of compressor wheels on turbochargers if the water isnt finely atomised enough. But then again the rotors of a roots supercharger isn't going to do in excess of 100K rpms.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

have fun

Simon

richwood said:
injecting any fuel or boost agent into the supercharger is always questionable, some have done this, I've also had the results cross my bench ( normally in peices) the seals in most superchargers will not handle the fuel or boost agent, we do rebuild superchargers to handle fuel, replace the standard seals with specials.

Richwood didn't sound keen in the M112 Supercharger Fitment thread.....

Rod did he specifically rebuild it so that it would be okay to do this or did he say it would be okay with the Opcon (and if he did say it would be okay is that just with the Opcon or any supercharger?).

Also a little off topic but Rod are you able to gain any info on the rumour of the air to water manifold setup that Richwood apparently have/making?

Thanks.