Port and polish + cams hp gain....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vile1

Hey guys,

Im new here and wanted to introduce myself here,
1) because i spend a lot of time in the engine bay so I'll be hanging around in this subforum a lot and
2) because I've got a couple questions about my 1UZ-FE and it's pending modifications :)

OK, I am in the process of building up a VIP/freeway runner LS400 build.

I have the heads off and my plan from the get-go was to make a super throaty, yet breathable 1UZ-FE. Something with a bunch of top-end.

These engines seem severely overbuilt for the HP they make so im assuming there is TONS of meat to be removed from these heads.

Compression on the engine is 10:1, I'd like to raise it to 11:1 and have these cams (http://www.camshaftshop.com/catalogue/536/884/toyota-207-b-camshaft/) fitted to the tops of the heads. :) Those cams seem the best fit for an NA engine

So two 1UZ-FE heads:
-Ported (heavily)
-Shav.ed (to 11:1)
-3 angle valvejob (85lb springs)
-these cams: http://www.camshaftshop.com/catalogue/536/884/toyota-207-b-camshaft/
-Headers, full exhaust
-460cc injectors
-walboro fuel pump

Now, my previous experience is in old muscle car V8's, mainly smallblock MOPARs. And all the HP is in the heads on those suckers, so I'm assuming that an aggressive port and polish will yield some decent hp gains. Is this true with all the plans I have for the engine? Please point out any problems you see or anything I should add.

Thanks in advance

What are your horsepower goals? A mild 300 whp or 500 whp? Stating your goals will allow others to further direct you in the right path.:veryhappy

ahhh thanks fantasy :)

I'm looking for 300-330rwhp

is this possible with the mods I'm planning? If it isn't, then what is my most likely amount of hp I'll be putting down.
THe mods I have planned will be enough to keep me happy whether or not I get 300hp to the ground, but I am curious as to whether all this work will actually net me any hp.

Shaving the head is by far the WORST way to raise compression.
Not to mention the fact that the heads need to be in those exact positions for the inlet manifold, and the timing belt to line up properly.
Best way to do it is to get new pistons. Pricey, but it will work.

You will also NEED a stand alone ecu to make this work. The stock ecu will not handle such modifications happily.

Your power goal should be no issues.

You might want to also do something with the inlet manifold.
The single 70mm TB will become a restriction at such NA power levels.

460cc injectors are an overkill, something around 370cc will be all thats needed.
But the 440cc 7MGTE injectors are straight drop in, so I'd suggest using those.

i think it could be possible...i dont know too much about the 1uz's but it sounds achievable...maybe you can find you some long tubes, but again i dont know what is availible for the 1uz

One point.

Be carefull to not get carried away with porting.

I know of one ruined head as the ports are not that meaty that you can't just rip into them.