PLEASE HELP!!! tachometer and engine gauge stuck??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

scribo

Hello all, I am new and have just bought a '95 SC400. I am very happy with the car but one of the few flaws is that the tachometer is stuck at about 3,100rpm and the needle light is out. The same thing is true for the engine temperature needle, except it's stuck at cold so i do not know if it's overheating or not. is there a tutorial to fix this problem? The previous owner gave me an extra gauge cluster if there's anything i can do with that... If not, can someone give me an estimate of how much it would be to fix this? Thanks in advance

I think you might need to get another cluster from the junk yard. Double check and have it on writing from the junk yard stating the cluster is in working order. Tech and other gauges are hard to fix and its better to be a good used cluster instead. The price is about 200-250 each. Good luck..

thank you so much for the reply, i'm just wondering is there a DIY tutorial for taking out the cluster? I did a search and wasnt able to find it.. also the previous owner made the needles blue, is there any way i can change the cluster and still have the blue needles? i kinda like them alot..

i have a cluster for sale 100.00 shipped with 184,000 miles on it everything works only thing is that the tech and spedo light dont come on no more but you have needles to replace them if you pm me i will explain how 2 do so let me know thanks

there is a comp that the woodfield lexus in illinois uses, the comp that they use is out west somewere They didnt want to tell me, but the will fix everything, lights, tacks and the flickering blubs, i know its about 450.00 but its like new and for a new set from lexus they want 900.00 or so.... hope this helps

so i took apart the gauge cluster today and messed with it. i replaced the tach needle and the engine temp. needle with "good" needles (needles that i know light up). I noticed that once i replaced them, the engine temp. needle still does not illuminate, the same thing goes for the tach. I tried to "set" the tach back at 0-1 and it kept jumping back to 3.1 rpm. If i tried to set it forward, it would still jump back to 3.1 rpm. Thus, I deduce that it is not the needles (since i tested them on the other cluster) but it's the needle motors themselves. Anyone know how to fix these?

i know for a fact its a real bad thing to mess with the needle back and forth like that, there is a spring in there and if you push it pass the point it is set at you will have the problem that u have were its off set, the only way to fix this is to ether find another tack set and if you flip it over there is 2 screws to remove it, and you would have to get this off of ebay or you can call that dealer that i said above and see if there guy can fix it, after that if nothing works its like 900.00 to get a new set, o yea i did the same thing with needles that worked on anothere cluster and put them on mine and they didnt work too, i think they have too be set for that cluster only not too sure tho...good luck

Attachments

• min_9451.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 19