Piggyback ECU Perfect Power ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The SMT6 can alter closed loop fuelling but I haven't looked into this. It's amazing how long the ECU hangs onto closed loop for - you pretty much have to floor it until it goes into open loop however I don't think it's much of a problem with an NA engine.

I disconnected the oxygen sensors to sort out the fuelling with the MAP-ECU but fuel consumption wasn't great until we plugged them back in.

The SS unit only works for turbo/sc motors

The ecu hangs onto closed loop up until 80% throttle or load hits

With my fix that im working on you can get that effect at ANY point you desire :)

Well fellas,I need your help and here is the deal. I'm looking for an outstanding piggy back ECU that will work with my 92 sc400 and a desired 200hp nitrous system shot that I plan to run...In effect, my plans are to peak this motor and in doing so I need it to run slightly rich and I also will need the ability to adjust and retard the timing at higher RPM's... Most important I want my final tune to stick and hold it's settings...as it will be very important to keep this stock internal motor in tune or it will probably blow on me......

Since you guys are the ECU pro's can you be so kind as to point me in the right direction and which would be the best unit to use for my plans? So far I have found Greddy E has problems, Apexi, I have no faith in, and others have question marks.

At this point I am pretty much clueless...I want to avoid the cost and complete wiring hassle that is involved with switching to a Stand Alone ECU. However, if that is my only option for what I need, then I will do what I need to do.....

Any advice would be most appreciated....thanks.....

Well you need either a product that can have the features of a standalone or a standalone in itself...

One of them is the SMT7 as mentioned, it can trigger N2O solenoids to open and even trigger the N2O to fire are your desiered time (WOT or whatever).

The SMT7 has full control over timing and fuel. You can even change the closed loop trims as it will use a wideband o2 to moniter AFR values.

It eliminates the stock ecu from fighting the ecu.

Hey Weas, couple of last questions for you - So you are the distributor of this product?...What about the tuner computer? Is that also included in that price of $700?

Your site appears to be down and it was unclear from my read if the tuner is included with the piggy unit or is it a seperate item... I need the whole deal...I want to get this tuning down myself and not have to rely on a tuner mechanic evertiime my car needs adjusting or tweeking...

The smt7 is everything you need...there is no tuner needed, its a box, harness, comm cable and software :)
you have any more questions feel free to email me at
johnny at sea2skytuning.com

Thanks!