overheating tranny?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

do92sc400

Hey guya, I'm having a small problem with the temperature of my tranny on my 92 sc400. When driving the shifter console in the passenger conpartment gets hot. Not to the point that it burns but to were it is getting me concern. The tranny seems to be working fine and the fluid color is good (no burnt smell either). Before I change the fluid and put fresh filter, I was wondering if any advice could be given to perhaps see if I should be looking for anydamaged or malfunctioning parts.:feedback:

Are You Shifting Or Holding It In A Grear Longer Then U Should , At High Rpm I Think It Would Get Hot, But U Could Ask Chrisman About The Trans He Knows More Then Me And Has Pulled Them Apart Before Good Luck

The shifter console is connected to the transmission by a rod thinner than your pinky.

There's no way heat from the transmission is travelling up the rod and into the console.

If this is a new occurance I would check the engine isn't running hot and the hot airflow is heating up the console.

Have you thought you could have a heater pipe disconnected in there?

Are you talking about the a/c heaterinside the dash that could be disconected?

Attachments

• DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0744.JPG
    DSCN0744.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 7
YEs.

I don't know if the SC400 runs air lines through to console to the rear passengers feet (I expect it would) as one of these may be leaking/broken/disconnected inside the console.

Attachments

• from front 1.JPG
    from front 1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 27
  • straight through stainless.jpg
    straight through stainless.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 17
  • from rear.jpg
    from rear.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 29