One last issue need help!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

korn-14

I own a 1996 sc400, I paid $5000 for it 2yrs ago,with 160000. I have put around $2600 into it. Now has 192000. Timing belt,water pump, valve cover gaskets, steering boots, pulleys, radiator, brakes, tps, cat o2 sensors,and so on. About a year ago the check engine light came on, I took it to my mechanic and he could not pull codes? I do not have a Lexus dealer any where near me so I took it to Toyota and after 4hrs they could not pull the codes either. Of course they charged me for this service. That is when I replace the o2 sensors and I reset the code. So when I replace the tps a few days later the CEL came on and I thought to do more research on how to pull the codes out of this car. I jumped TE1 and E1 and nothing happens no code flash at all? I have a in between model with some 1995 and 1996 parts on my car from the factory.

So the only issue that I have left and it is driving me crazy is that when I am cruising down a straight road doing about 40-45 and I let off the gas just slighty the car drops rpm say 250-300 and then kicks back up on and off like surging. Now when I run the air-conditioner, this does not happen, when I tweaked the tps this does not happen until after I restart the car, that is why I replaced the tps in the first place, thought that was the issue. The car runs good to me, I set the tps back to factory specs and reset the code so no Engine light now. But I still have the issue, Lexus says that I have to much play in the drive shaft, I do not really agree with that. When I drive to get onto the Highway shifts are all normal, if I am running around town I can be in overdrive at 35mph I do not think that this in normal.

I am not a great mechanic, I have been with Toyota since 1989. I have driven nothing but since that time. I currently own the SC, 2004 Tacoma club cab, and our newest addition since our RX is the New Sequioa.

Please help

The check engine light came on again on the way home. I am almost to the point of just letting it go and not worry about it anymore. Does any one have an EGR valve assembly print? Does any one have any prints on where items are that I can dis-assemble and clean on my car?

Do you think that this will help cure some of my issue's? I am nervous about taking and knowing what items to take off of the car. Last weekend I could not get the EGR assembly off and when I pulled the part off that has the electrical connection on it, I heard something like a spring come off and it fell into the center of the engine. I hooked a hose up to a vacuum and retrieved the part that fell and I think that I put it back together correctly. If the kit will help me in any way, I will probably buy it. I am frustrated that I cannot pull codes off of my car, I love this car but I am well over the point of dumping money into the car.

My 96 looks alittle different than yours does, these kits will work for mine as well. Are the instructions made for the novice type with limited tools? And what kind of time frame am I looking at for this job?

Thanks for the reply
Kevin

Last edited:
I cannot get the car to pull the codes, and either could Toyota for about
4hrs and yes they charged me for it. More information on this would be great.

Ha banned from working on cars funny real funny, I have had this car to 6 different shops and none have a clue as to what is wrong with my car. So far I have done 85% of the work myself with out any failure. I just cannot figure out the last piece of the puzzle. I am not as deep into cars as lextreme or as you seem to be, but hey I have see worst post on here before so please keep those comments to yourself. I have been on many lexus and toyota forums for many years helping and getting help from many yoda lovers.

I found the issue, the throttle body seal that attaches to the intake manifold was broken, any way I took the entire manifold apart and clean everything for the EGR valve with was clogged completely.

New plugs, fuel filter as well. Car runs great no codes now at all.