Old bloke in the UK

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Pauln

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while, just trying to absorb what I can about the Lexus V8.

I've been a hot rodder for years (still am) but thought I would try a modern version of USA muscle (from Japan). As a result I bought an LS400 and removed all the parts I would (I hope) need.

I have also bought a 1960 Standard Vanguard Vignale, an English upmarket(ish) saloon with a 2 litre 50 odd h.p. engine. You know where this is going...

Bring on the big hammer:)

Paul

PS the daft questions will start shortly.

Last edited:
Good to see more pommie rods being built. How many 32 frauds or mustangs can the world tolerate:):):) And im an older fart too;););)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Zuffen, yup, tractor engines are not in my plans. Good reliable old plodder but soooo dull!

Sudsy, totally agree. I tend towards the oddball English stuff. Last car was a big block Ford powered Morris Six:)

It will be a sleeper. Only clues will be slightly larger steel rims and a slight knock with the lowering stick.
There's quite a bit of bodywork to do, lack of protection and the British climate have left there mark. But it is on the road at the moment!
I don't expect to get into it seriously this year, other projects to finish first.

Sudsy, that Riley project sounds mad as a box of frogs!!!

Hi Foges, another oldie here from a nats from london, I put an uze in my Cobre, a couple of others on here have too, not quite a sleeper :)