oil pressure to high

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

msanson

Have a fitted oil pressure gauge to the crown 131 engine i have fitted in to a70 series land crusier . But is cranking out 60 +lb can any one tell me where the oil pump pressure releif vavle is located . cheers michael

I am having the exact same problem. It gets to about 80-85 psi at 3000-4000rpm. I woudl hate to see how high it gets near 7000 rpm. If anyone knows where the oil relife valve is that woudl be very helpful for me too. Thanks, Adam

This very important for turbo owners. I had few problems with turbo because of high oil pressure. I have an oil cooler for the turbo and verything is ok now.

Attachments

• 1uzInSupra1.jpg
    1uzInSupra1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 1uzInSupra2.jpg
    1uzInSupra2.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 1uzInSupra3.jpg
    1uzInSupra3.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 1uzInSupra4.jpg
    1uzInSupra4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 312
ok, but where is the oil pressure relief valve located on the 1UZFE. Is it near the oil filter on the block somewhere or what? Is it easy to get to and replace or is it a pain in the butt?

Thanks,
Adam

These oil pressures sound normal. Most 1uz seem to have over 80 psi oil pressure at high idle when cold and drop back to 40 or so psi at slow idle when hot.

That is crazy high. When driving down the road at slow speed, mu oil pressure is 80 psi. At 1000 rpm it is at 70psi. I have noticed that the oil pressure is directly related to engine RPM (this makes sense since the oil pump is connected to teh engine) but the oil pressure relief valve shoudl be playing a part in there so that the oil pressure does not follow the engine RPM exactly, right? I guess I'm a little worried about running a car with oil pressure nearing 100psi. But if this is normal then I guess I can't worry but it just seems so high to me.

As krayn says, these pressures are correct. When I initially installed my motor I had these pressures. I thought there must have been a blockage somewhere.
I had a local mechanic check everything but nothing was found.
I figure it is better to have high pressure rather than not enough pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys Sounds to high to me, this is what the book says 4.3 psi at idle and 36-71psi at 3000 rpm see attachment, if you need the oil pump details i do have it but may have to send by email as its large
Regards
Lambo

My oil pressure guage will read close to 100psi when cold at 2000rpm and about 50-60psi at same rpm when hot. Cold idle is about 70psi, hot idle (30kms+ of driving) about 25psi. The pressures will also be dependant on oil weight, i am using 10w40.

Just got back from a four wheel drive club meeting and have read everyones reply thusfar i really do find it hard to beleive that these pressures are normal when most after market gauges only read 60 to 80 lb and the gauge i have at present had the needle go right around to the needle rest pin when i reved the engine up. so i blanked the port off so i could install a copper line instead ofthe nilon one, as im concerned about keeping the oil line in tacted

oil relief.

Hi guys you are in a tizzy about oil pressure being to high it is normal to see high pressures when the engine is cold and then drop off as it warms up. 80 psi is fine. rule of thumb for a performance engine is 10 psi for every 1000 rpm so if you want a little insurance 80 is good . The relief valve is in the bottom of the pump which can be accsesed by taking the sump off it is right at the front on the left hand side . i actually bumped up my oil pressure with a washer under the retainer . The other thing is that the nylon tube to your oil gauge is probably good for over 200 psi as it is so small and pressure is ponds per square inch how long a piece tube do you think there would be for a square inch of surface area.

Just my 2 cents worth.
now i know why i dont post to often i tend to dribble on a
bit.

Any way you have nothing to worry about .
Also if you have a turbo you just put an inline relief valve in the feed line to the turbo and dump excess into the turbo drainback pipe.