Oil Jets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I as watching a show call TRUCKS today and i saw a head cover with oil jets for cooling the valves and cams. I was wondering if you can use those jet nozzles to cool the rods and pistons. I know the 2JZGTE block have these goodies. I wonder how hard it is to use it in the UZFE engines. Where would i get the oil from? Would there be enough supply or pressure for the rest of the engine if oil is tapped for cooling the rods/pistons.

David, the 2005 and later 2UZ motors already have oil jets for cooling the undersides of the piston crowns. Maybe you could sneak a peak at a 2UZ and see how it's done. It's a real simple device in the 2JZ-GTE

Porsche have been doing this for the last 35 years (literally) and it is simple an very efective.

It will reduce piston crown temps by a large margin.

Nice find John. Do u know these are only avialable on 2005 2UZFE? What about the first year or so engine. I have one 2uzfe but i am not sure what year it is from.

From what I can find in the Toyota Tech Info System, the oil jets were added to the 2UZ engine in 2005 and they're being carried over for the 2006 model year.

Interestingly, the 3UZ motor did not get these in 2005, and apparently won't have them for the 2006 model year either.

Perhaps the 2UZ has had some piston failures? Certainly with the TRD supercharger there have been a few. Maybe one of the 2UZ guru's can jump in here and enlighten us?

John

I wonder if the 2uzfe or any uzfe block have the oil running with the block already. If that is the case, i can tap into the oil line from the block. The question: is the 05 block be slight different then the previous blocks. If i have my machinist tap into the same area of the block, i should hit the oil inlet line.

I'll bet the oil jets just tap into an existing oil gallery like they do in the 2JZ-GTE motor. If you look at a 2JZ-GE block, and then the GTE block you can see where this machining operation was done.

As far as we (the Supra crowd) can tell, this is the only difference in the blocks themselves. In fact both castings bear only the mark "2JZ"

Here's a photo of the underside of my junk JDM 2JZ block before rebuilding. The oil jets are just visible

Lextreme.

The oil jets normally tap into the main oil gallery in the block, and the 2005 2UZFE looks like
folloving this trend. The difference, from the draving, is the 2 outlets from the "body" of the jet.
Normally there is only 1 outlet pr. body.

To fit it to the earlier 2UZFE block can be easy or hard, it depends on the construction of the
oil jet itself, how much machining is required to fit it to the block. If you are willing to check
how much 1 complete jet is I'm interested in paying for it just to see how it's constructed and
if it's possible to fit it to the 1UZFE block.

Let me know.

If there is already oil gallery within the block (same posittion that is) then tapping oil from it and getting the jets from a Toyota dealer wont be hard. Tap and thread would be a cake walk and the jets would not cost that much (I hope), but might need special order because its a new product and not too many people get oil jet from a 2005 Tundra or Sequoia.

If that is case any uzfe engine would work.

David, you might be able to use the oil jets from the 2JZ motor with a little modification. They're really simple - just a spring loaded check valve and a bit of tubing with a little hole on the end. IIRC you can remove the tubing from the check for disassembly & cleaning, sooooooo, you should be able to put on a different piece of tubing that's a little longer for the 1UZ.

John

I will do some drilling this weekend on a dead 1uzfe block and see if there is an oil gallery. If I find there is oil supply, then its doable. I would like to stick with 2uzfe oil jets because it has two outlets per jet.

I just got off the phone with a local Toyota dealer. The oil nozzle part number is 1579050010. Its $9.69 each and you need four of them.

I just got a set and from the dealer just now. Autronic is you need a set please let me know. They have to special order them and i dont know when i will get it. The tech guy said he never sold a set before. I am sure its a complete kit and its confirm with the dealer only 2005 and up 2UZFE have it. We can retrofit it.

I wonder how close do the piston crown and rod get to the jets when @ bottom dead center? I'd be a little concerned if an aftermarket rod is considerably wider or if a stroker setup is used.