Official ECU thread

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

grindin8o8

Okay so I'm thinking about replacing my ecu on my 93 sc400. My part number is 89661 24230. Is this the only ecu part number that is compatible with the 93 sc400? or is there other part numbers/ecu that are compatible??

My problems/symptoms-

1. On cold start ups, rpm bounces between 1000-2000 or idles high. sometimes the idle drops as the car warms up sometimes it doesn't. When the idle does drop, it drops slowly to zero and then stalls(happened a lot to me).
2. Very strong fuel smell on start ups and when car is running
3. car stalls, only starts up if I keep my foot on the pedal, once released it stalls every time.
4. check engine light stays on when the car is running, and when I try to pull the codes, nothing shows.
5. when driving 40mph+, car jerks when I let off the gas pedal.
6. when coming to a stop car jerks

I replaced my spark plugs, spark plug wire, maf sensor, idle air control valve, and cleaned the throttle body but still didn't fix my problem.

So can anyone help me out?? anyone experience the same symptoms or replace their ecu before??

Cold start problem.

Water temp sensor fail ?
Cold start swtich fail ?

Pull the codes properly, turn the engine off, take the key out. put a jumper (bare wire) between TE1 and E1. the light on the dash should flash when you turn the key on.

Run the motor, warm it up. rev it up. Dont drive it. (5-10mins)

then turn it off, and turn the key back to IGN, it will flash the codes then.

My money is on some sort of cold start issue, over fueling.

Could be physical, fuel reg might be fucked.

Could be the ECU is fucked.

did this many times. before i could read the codes but last time i reset the ecu. the codes never showed up. but im having the same symptoms.

its amazing how many sc400 are starting to fk up lately

i wont not own one if it was given to me plus 100 bucks
alot fo toyotas these days are giving problems after they hit 15 to 20 years old
and they cost a fortune to repair cause u spend hours fault finding and pulling the dash apart
pull lid of ecu an d see if it smells like old coolant