The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi George,

A quick question - who are your contacts in the UK? I should have a 5 Speed, LS430 3UZ engine and ECU coming soon, that I plan to use in a conversion, I'm considering getting it reflashed.

I'm seriously contemplating getting a second ECU for my 2006 GS430. I definitely want the ECT PWR mode to be as aggressive as possible.

But I'd like the car to stay reasonably calm in normal mode. Is it possible to alter just the VVTi tuning, make the transmission a little more refined and leave the stock throttle response? Just in normal mode.

I really like the dual personality of my 3GS with the adaptive suspension modes. It's like my Top Gun attack toggles.

I'm seriously contemplating getting a second ECU for my 2006 GS430. I definitely want the ECT PWR mode to be as aggressive as possible.

But I'd like the car to stay reasonably calm in normal mode. Is it possible to alter just the VVTi tuning, make the transmission a little more refined and leave the stock throttle response? Just in normal mode.

I really like the dual personality of my 3GS with the adaptive suspension modes. It's like my Top Gun attack toggles.
yes

Order has been placed with Quantum Auto! Getting a rebuilt and tuned ECU so it's just a swap, pair and go procedure (as long as my VSC software matches up).

Soon I will have a 2006 GS430 F-Sport.

Installed my ECU today. The difference is incredible, however there are some concerning issues:

2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are very lurchy under light throttle, regardless of mode. Brandon says this could be a bad ECU. It hasn't improved at all after an afternoon of test driving and I'm worried it'll cause damage.

The biggest issue is a weird throttle glitch in PWR mode. Taking off lightly from a stop, once it upshifts to 2nd the throttle spontaneously opens itself another ~15% and the car just shoots forward, with no change in the pedal input. I was in traffic and it suddenly launched itself right at the car in front of me and I almost hit them. I can recreate it every time. It only happens in PWR mode.

It's gonna have to go back for a rework, and if the PWR mode jump issue can't be resolve I'm afraid I'll have to return it for a refund.

I've nailed down the biggest issue with the Quantum tuned ECU: why the car will suddenly launch itself forward after upshifting to 2nd gear. The VSC is overriding the throttle to prevent wheel spin off the line. This happens on the stock ECU too, but with the stock throttle maps it's barely noticeable. When the VSC releases control and the Quantum throttle map kicks back in, that's why it suddenly accelerates. Very dangerous. I almost rear-ended someone in traffic because of it. I don't know if the VSC is different in the GS430, but it obviously wasn't tested properly. I can replicate it every time.

Quantum also sent me Crown Majesta ECU with part number 89661-3F360. The correct number for the GS430 is 89666-30280. While they appear to be interchangeable, using the wrong part number means compatibility cannot be guaranteed.

Add this all to the fact that I paid for the refurbishing to prevent harsh shifting, and still got really harsh shifting because it either wasn't done right or wasn't done at all, sadly that's three strikes. I'll be asking for a return and full refund, and I recommend all GS430 owners avoid this ECU tuning service as it cannot be performed without compromising the safety of the car.