it's been posted whole lot of times and unfortunatelly it never helps. People will still tend to read it wrong or never find this useful information. It's also worth mentioning that this method will not work for old Lexus GS430 (160 chassis code)For anyone trying to relearn the immobilizer, here is the method I used for my sc430.
It’s best if you buy the immobilizer delete, it will just be plug and play. Less headaches. But if you don’t purchase the immobilizer delete, you’ll need to:
1) disconnect the negative cable off battery
2) remove the oem ecu, plug in the new modified ecu.
3) connect the negative back on the battery
4) insert key in ignition, and key on (engine off)
5) on the obd2 port under the driver side dash, jump terminal pin 13 (TC) and pin 4 (CG) for 30 minutes (put a timer on).
6) the cluster gauge will start flashing during the 30 minutes.
7) after the 30 min is up, key off and remove key from ingntion. Then remove the jumper wire from pin 13 and pin 4.
8) insert key back in ignition and start engine right away.
waiting on there email so i can send back the ecu to get fixed or replaced lol there only an hr away from my house i could take a drive there to drop it off maybe it be faster but im just waiting on response to see what the plan issounds like replacement is due, tell us what happens next
hey george I have a 2002 sc430 with remapped ecu from quantum auto and they’ve been very slow to reply, and im starting to lose hope because my car is having dtc and cel lights pop up p1765 codes which causes 2nd gear not to engage, and quantum auto is asking 400 dollars to get repaired, i don’t think i would like to spend that much when they messed it up. Is there any way you could get this fixed if i send it to you? I would appreciate the help thanks.I wish I had 1 usd each time I'm being asked