OBX Racing plans to produce an Individual Throttle Body setup for the 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I also grabbed a set of these and found out that they wont fit without removing some of the flange that hits the heads.

How is the quality of your lower cast section. Mine is bordering on useless. The amount of voids in the casting are unbelieveable to the point where it is holed completely through to the injector ports and at a rough guess 50% of the thickness in the other areas. Here's a few photos of one of my manifolds (not the best phots taken from my phone):

ITB3.jpg

ITB2.jpg

ITB.jpg

I just got my set today.. they are replicas (rip offs) of the A1Turbos ones made in NZ.
Although they are much cheaper.. you do get what you pay for, the casting is a bit rough in some places, but still useable. the throttle bodies and velocity stacks are excellent.
Manifold > Head flange needs some minor filing to make it fit. Also fouls the water neck which will need some modification shouldnt be too hard to do but just takes time messing around.
Custom / Modified fuel rails also required.
Need to fabricate some kind of throttle cable support.
Im still happy with the product Ive got considering the price I paid.. They look f^^king gangster bolted on, cant wait to hear them roar!

So do you have any pictures of it bolted on? I'd like to see how the fuel rails have to be made

here are some pics of fitting works. there will be an overhead plenum over the ITB to minimize dust and durt into intake.

...sorry for that junk all over the place...

Can see a fuel rail mod:
DSC_1965.jpg

DSC_1966.jpg

DSC_1968.jpg

DSC_1969.jpg

DSC_1972.jpg

adxx,

What engine management do you plan to run? Also, what are your plans for tuning in regards to measuring engine load? Most of what's come up in my research leans toward tuning via a blend of alpha N and speed density maps. The caveat however, is that most folks tuning this way are running open bell-mouth's and no plenum. I see you've incorporated a plenum in your build so I'm curious as to how you're going to go about it.

I have a set of the RB26 ITB's that I want to start "mocking" up, and am pretty dead-set on running an intake plenum from either the M5 S62 or M3 S65 motor, IF I deem this project worth the time and effort to even fart around with ;).

adxx,

What engine management do you plan to run? Also, what are your plans for tuning in regards to measuring engine load? Most of what's come up in my research leans toward tuning via a blend of alpha N and speed density maps. The caveat however, is that most folks tuning this way are running open bell-mouth's and no plenum. I see you've incorporated a plenum in your build so I'm curious as to how you're going to go about it.
Sorry, man, can not tell you much on the details, my friend is a pro in engine build and electronic management tuning, so he is doing the stuff. I know that he will use MAP sennsor connected after throttle body, and crankshaft sensor.

I have a set of the RB26 ITB's that I want to start "mocking" up, and am pretty dead-set on running an intake plenum from either the M5 S62 or M3 S65 motor, IF I deem this project worth the time and effort to even fart around with ;).
That should work I think for probably same amount of efforts/money.

There you go,
That's crappy intake manifold by OBX:
01102011294.jpg

See the hole by side? Desided to leave as is, fill with sealant:
01102011296.jpg

ISC piping fabricated:
01102011297.jpg

ISC pipe and valve:
01102011298.jpg

And the good, head porting process:
01102011301.jpg

One head is done:
01102011300.jpg

Firstly I shat myself when that thing revved up like that !
Secondly, holy carp , there's a lot of stuff in that garage !!
Sorry for that crap in the garage - single man runs several pojects at a time (1uz ITB, Turbo-Vitz).
The enine will be used mostly as a daily driver, thus Rev limiter is set to 7500rpm.

Guess what was my NY present? ;) Here it is, arrived a week before NY, sitting in a delivery box... Same time Sakhalin got covered with snow... damn, yet it is cold!

Attachments

• 25122011485.jpg
    25122011485.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 25122011486.jpg
    25122011486.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 45
Engine quick details:
- 1995 T.-Crown Majesta 1UZ (thin conrods)
- ACL Race bearings
- OBX ITB
- Custom ISC
- Custom Intake plenum
- Ported heads
- 1UZFE VVTi head gaskets
- 2JZGTE valve springs
- Waste spark ignition
- MAP sensor
- 1G-GTE 315cc injectors
- 1JZGTE TPS
- Stand-alone ECU (Russian design - Abit Korvet)

The setup required a lot of custom work and welding. OBX could do a better job by providing direct fit fuel rails, idle speed piping, etc.