Noob with noob question.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jacj3

Hi all my name is Jerron I drive a 95 SC4 DWP that's I'm looking into doing a build on.

I want to do a 2uz block with 1uz VVti heads and, I'm just trying to find out what does and doesn't work and what pistons and rods I use with this setup. I plan to run the Lextreme Lightning Carrillo Rods/Pistons Combo along with some ported built heads and decent cams. I plan to make this a proper built motor capable of handling decent power.

It's going to be running a single BW S475 1.10a/r on E85, meth injection and, plan on running 25-30psi. I'm building this for TX2K12 trying to hang with some of the big boys down there. I'm hoping it'll be able to push over 1100rwhp on 93 and a little more on E85. This will be a sprayed setup 150-200 shot but I want to break 1000 wheel with just boost.

I'm just mainly wanting to make sure that this will be safe setup and if it will produce the power I would like. I've questioned going twin turbo (twin BW), and was wondering if that would be my better option for a quicker spool time. I'm trying to get my honest power goals hushed for now but, I guess just offer the advice you guys have.

Thanks.

I'm building a 1UZ with S480 1.10 A.R t6 turbine..
E85 too...Single will work fine..
Custom building inlet right now...
In an early RA28 Celica...
I guess your using the gas for spool ??
Welcome to forums...

Trans I plan to run the R154 I have but I'm working on getting a V160 also I plan to spend a good amount I'd already built a 1000+whp capable VVti 2jz this if off a GE that never got running so since i sold the car it was going in. Then I built another VVti GE that had a vvti gte head built then tt rods and pistons. But I just sold that one recently.

Trans I plan to run the R154 I have but I'm working on getting a V160 also I plan to spend a good amount I'd already built a 1000+whp capable VVti 2jz this if off a GE that never got running so since i sold the car it was going in. Then I built another VVti GE that had a vvti gte head built then tt rods and pistons. But I just sold that one recently.

if you're going 6 speed and need a lot of power handling I highly reccomend looking into the T56 as it's cheaper, and there's lots of aftermarket support for it unlike the V160.

Hmm ??? With OEM rods ???
You'd require H beam forged rods, Forged pistons as in Diamond, C.P , JE etc
Head studs with larger dia etc etc
At expected power levels... Even the Chevy guys use Forged assembly..

http://www.lextreme.com/allgo.html

http://www.diamondracing.net/

http://www.cp-carrillo.com/

http://www.jepistons.com/

On my GEs? the first wasn't stock the second I was only aiming for 1000.

But for this build I'm going with a built bottom end.

if you're going 6 speed and need a lot of power handling I highly reccomend looking into the T56 as it's cheaper, and there's lots of aftermarket support for it unlike the V160.

We got into this discussion on CL and everyone pretty much downed the idea of running a T56.

Well since it's easy for me to get my hands on a t56 and for a relatively good price I'll probably go that route the car is gonna be a roll car anyway.

in real life those torque capacity numbers are quite low for the t56...... But, you still can break a stock one when getting over 500hp. fortunately built t56's can be had for less than a stock v160

but if you really want to go all out the TKO is a slightly better power handling tranny that can take shock better.

in real life those torque capacity numbers are quite low for the t56...... But, you still can break a stock one when getting over 500hp. fortunately built t56's can be had for less than a stock v160

but if you really want to go all out the TKO is a slightly better power handling tranny that can take shock better.

Alot better than slightly !!!
The Viper spec is the T5/6 to have if you can get one or
Up spec to one of them if re building..
330 / 450 T5/6 against 600 ft/Lb TKO...

Last edited:
that's on paper. reality is the t56 holds more power than rated.
but yes the tko does handle a lot more, and just like the t56, those numbers look kinda low for the tko.

Yea I guess the GVW has more into it also??..
There are newer specs T5/6's that are not listed on their
site.. Same strength as TKO now...
Depends what model vehicle the box came out of ??
In any case the Tremec is possibly a cheaper better option??
Considering an adapter plate is required ???
Or may be Dellow have a bell housing ??

there's a t56 adaptor plate design floating out there somewhere that's supposed to be good. I plan on doing one eventually, but other projects, and the funds/time for a new project is non-existant right now. Definately on the list of things to get done in 2012....
The T56's can be had for about 1000 to 1500 used, and you can find built ones for not much more simply because of the abundance of these transmissions and the parts for them.
another thing, I'm pretty sure that there's some of the t56's that can handle more power because the vette in top trim makes more than any of those reatings. just a guess though.