Newbie to 1UZ forums

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I would like to introduce myself as a newbie to the 1UZ forums. I am a newbie to this platform but not a newbie to automotive enthousiasm. I am into design, fabrication, welding and anything that makes cars perform better.

I have been a big Probe GT enthousiast for nearly 10 years now and have come up with a lot of good stuff for the Probes. I was in a local junk yard one day to collect a few more Probe parts for modification when a SC400 caught my eye. I had never even heard of this gem or seen one until then.

I immediately saw that the platform was similar in size to a PGT but with a V8 package. I also noted all the room between it and the radiator that screamed for forced induction. So I was hooked immediately. Now I am a complete junkie.

I purchased my first SC400 a couple of weeks ago that was missing a hood, bumper, front windshield and a few interiors finishing pieces. I just went and picked up a SC300 today for a parts donor to piece the SC400 back together.

My future plans/goals for the 1UZ would be to work a set of heads for some serious improvements. I already purchased me a low mile 1UZ -even long before I picked up the SC400. I pulled it apart to study and find out what makes it tick. I found that it is amazingly similar to a KL 2.5L v6 motor that is found in the PGT cars. So this is a bonus that I will not loose all that I have learned or discovered over the past 10 years with PGT cars.

Other plans are to mate a AP1 6-speed to the 1UZ. I already have a flywheel in works that will mate seamlessly to a Quartermaster tripple disc 7.25" NASCAR type clutch.

I have titanium valves in work as well as a few other goodies. I already have my H-Beam early model Chevy rods and I have to now decide between having Bullet Cams work the crank to make it fit for earlly SBC rods or work the rods to fit the 1UZ journals. If I do the crank -I can have it stroked at the same time to make up for the extra .04xx difference in compression height. If I go with rods alone -I am limited to 1UZ bearings. However -if I work the crank -there is no limit to choices for early model SBC rod bearings. I can pick between 10 (or more) different bearing choices. And pricing on SBC bearings is far better than 1UZ bearings.

Well -as you may have seen -I tend to talk too much (even moreso when on caffeine). But I just wanted to introduce myself and let people know where I am going with my 1UZ obsession so that perhaps others might be helpful iin my addicted journey.

P.S. I will need help shortly with the fly-by-wire type throttle stuff. I am guessing it is fly-by-wire because it has a mind of it's own and doesn't seem to be connected manually to the pedal. There is very little control through the pedal and it surges badly. I almost lost the car when I was trying to drive it off the tow dolly and it surged big-time and nearly sent me into a tree.

Well hello all! Please help foster this fossil into your community!

Last edited: