Newbie going 1UZ-FE V8 Route

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Iron_Mighty07

Hi,

Firstly may I say there are some seriously impressive cars lurking about on this site, serious inspriration if any were needed.

So, why am I here? Some time ago I acquired a Norwood Mk6 Hearse(European Mk2 Granada based) running standard V6 running gear. Kept it standard bar a set of 17" rims and used it for a while. Sadly the tranmission blew whilst holidaying and after dragging it home it's laid dormant pending redisovery of my mojo - which has taken some 2 years(divorce/job loss etc all playing a part).

So I have a hearse without a gearbox so I started thinking about alternative engines and what options were out there and after considering obvious ford options, possibly jag V8 the thought occurred about the Lexus LS400. They're cheap enough for a complete car over here,so the plan is being hatched and thought I'd join up here to get a grasp of what can be done.

Will take a few months before I get started in earnest - still have to source a donor and I've still to complete fitting a Mazda 12A rotary into a 1970 Cortina estate!

A small taster for the base vehicle for the V8!
801641298_fc1600565d_m.jpg

Cheers!

Welcome! Well, we have 1UZ's in boats, planes, motorcycles, and of course many cars and trucks they were never intended to be in, so why not add a hearse to the list too.

I know petrol is outrageous there, but a supercharged 1UZ, with a big bug catcher intake poking out the bonnet of that hearse would be too cool.... Something straight out of the 60's and the Munsters.