NEWBE 1996 LS400 Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LS400Head

Smaller question 1996 LS400 Questions

I'm sorry if i asked to Big of a question to advanced for your intelligence concerning basic Bolt on performance parts. So i will Make the Question simple

1. Can I use a K&N Air Filter on my car , I have heard it could not be used on some makes and models of Lexus because the oil from the filter would intere with the Engine?

2. Where Can I find an After market intake for my 1996 Ls400

Thank you so much for your time

Last edited:
Sadly, aftermarket intakes for the 1990-1997 motors do not net any power over stock.. maybe a couple hp's up top but you will lose low end to mid range overall. The stock LS intake does it's job perfectly.

Best bet is to buy a K&N replacement and go very light on the oil. Use a squirt bottle or something that can spray an oil mist because the applicator makes it real hard not to soak the filter.

If your looking for some extra hp, the LS takes better to exhaust systems if your on a budget.

Actually NO... I do NOT recommend the K&N for the LS400s (any year). They actually have considerablly less filtration area than the excellent stock filter element. I have been a K&N fan for many years but on this application NO. I bet the stock filter actually makes more power.

You may want to do the cold air modification that I have done on my 99.

I'm sorry if i asked to Big of a question to advanced for your intelligence concerning basic Bolt on performance parts.

Was that intended to be an insult? Difficult to tell from your language usage.

Great way to get started.

Jbrady-

I had an almost new (no dirt on either side whatsoever) OEM LS filter in the air box when I bought my daily and it was replaced with a K&N drop-in. Overall I felt an improved response from the motor. Maybe not any more hp but it definently was more willing to rev.

I read an in-depth review on aftermarket filter media versus OEM cotton and even though the K&N supposedly has "less" surface area, it flows much more cfm than cotton will.