new valve train

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anaema

i came up with a new valve train a couple months back. it involves eliminating the cams and replacing them with a hydrolic actuating system. its a simple system, it only has 5 different parts; a sump, a pump, a pressure regulator, a piston, and hard lines.

the sump holds a fluid(brake fliud, hydrolic, etc.) that is pulled by a high pressure pump and pushed into hard lines that route to a pressure regulator. from the pressure regulator the fluid goes to a small piston positioned over the valve. a computer controls how much pressure is let into the piston, and for how long; in doing so, it controls the valve timing, lift, and duration. optimal HP and torque at any place in the rev range.

feedback.gif

Like this?: http://scarbsf1.com/valves.html Scroll down the page for the Renault camless valve actuation system.
One of the truck companies (Navistar?) fooled around with camless, electrohydraulic valves a few years ago for their large truck engines, too.

I think it's a great concept - far more potential than pneumatically actuated valves

John

i heard lotus was working at this to make it a production reality. the benefit is that you essentially get an unlimitedly-adjustable vvti type system due to not being constrained by cams.