new problem maybe not, ecu 31 code gone....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phillipguru

long story short me and a buddy cleaned the maf, put it in crap a/f cleaned it again, better a/f drove it around ran fine for a day, next day i took it out cleaned it realllly good put it in, reved to 5k and it was normal except for a couple a/f drops at 3k under hard acceleration. next day i checked the diag port and came up with error 31 right, map circuit error, so i reset the ecu and called it a night

today i get up at 530am and drive to work, no problems, no check light, drive home, no problems, no bucking from bad a/f mix, drive it to walmart and back a few times to buy gear oil and return it to get the proper grade. no problems... i start to get worried something else is messed up or maybe even working like it should, I check the diag port and the check light just flashes constantly i counted over 40 times no breaks no stops no pauses.

does the constant blink meen everything is ok, i cannot find any info for that code.... but the car is running fine. I wonder if it just took some time and air passing through the maf for it to be happy again

so after putting about 80-100 miles on it after resetting it and its fine is it safe to say the maf just needed a little airing out and runing through, seems like if it was intermit it would have happened alot soon than 80-100 miles

drove it 30 miles to work today, seems to be ok, had a small buck at 67 mph but it wasnt nearly as bad as it was. Under a medium load from dead stops it didnt buck either, even when i was trying to make it it ran ok. Mpg seem to be ok as well right now. I guess i can live with not replacing the maf right away. Only time will tell.

well on my lunch break, i poped out the maf top sensor, and put it back on thinking maybe the seal wasnt good since the problem is intermittent, and you put it in, press it down, then i decided to make sure it was really snug so i pushed down firmly and wiggled it left and right and it popped down lower than it was, i drove it around and it ran fine, i think maybe the maf top sensor wasnt low enough in the chamber, but time will tell. It did go lower than i had it so im betting it wasnt seated and that was cause the randomness from intermit pressure drops in the swirl chamber