New Member w/03 GX470. Plz Help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GX470

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading this forum for some time now. Today I have become an active member and this is my first post!

I have an 03' GX470 (SUV). This is my only car it is my daily driver and I Want/Need more power!!!

I have $3500 saved up. I don't know whether I should forge the motor first or maybe just throw on a vortech s/c @ low psi.

I took my car to the drags last week. The best time I got was 15.92 @ 84.15mph.

My goal is to hit mid to low 14's.

Please send some advice my way, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading this forum for some time now. Today I have become an active member and this is my first post!

I have an 03' GX470 (SUV). This is my only car it is my daily driver and I Want/Need more power!!!

I have $3500 saved up. I don't know whether I should forge the motor first or maybe just throw on a vortech s/c @ low psi.

I took my car to the drags last week. The best time I got was 15.92 @ 84.15mph.

My goal is to hit mid to low 14's.

Please send some advice my way, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Since this is your ONLY VEHICLE you should CAREFULLY consider just how much you need to go faster in THIS vehicle.

A mid 14 vehicle is reasonably quick but not fast. If it is the thrill of going faster you should consider an old Mustang or Camaro. Those are cheap and easy to make faster especially the old 5.0 Mustangs.

For your truck the first problem is weight. You need more power than a lighter car to make the same improvements. This power will tax the transmission more also due to weight.

If you are dead set on making your truck faster let me give you some more words or experience. Whatever and I mean WHATEVER you expect to spend... double it. If you can supercharge it for $3500 make sure you have another $3500 for surprises.

If it were my project I would change the pistons and rods and go with a roots type supercharger. Screw chargers are better but much more costly. My current preference would be the new Eaton TVS series. At this point nobody makes an intake to mount these but there was a Tundra supercharger setup that you may be able to find.

Save your pennies... your gonna need them.

BTW... welcome to Lextreme. You sound like you have the performance virus and this is a good place to deal with that!

Not sure what your truck has for a torque converter but you may also consider some of the cheap ebay headers and a good torque converter. That with a tune may possibly get you into the high 14s. Also consider lowering the truck as the lower profile is better aerodynamically and will let it accelerate better at higher speeds.