New intake good for an extra 50rwhp.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

millsi

Had a new intake made recently and couldnt be happier. Picked up 50rwhp over the old (std) intake.

IMG_3123-1.jpg
IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg
03092011056.jpg

Big thanks to Al and Miles at AM Auto for the fab work!

Had a new intake made recently and couldnt be happier. Picked up 50rwhp over the old (std) intake.

03092011056.jpg

Big thanks to Al and Miles at AM Auto for the fab work!

Been away for a while.

Now if the I/cooler had vertical tubes and a tank top and bottom there will be another 50rwhp!

Erol

Can't read Steve? vertical core ICs are generally the go where you can fit them....better flow path and x-sectional area. You need the runner length to make sure you get the cooling but if there's enough height, this style of IC is the better option..

Can't read Steve? vertical core ICs are generally the go where you can fit them....better flow path and x-sectional area. You need the runner length to make sure you get the cooling but if there's enough height, this style of IC is the better option..

Good to know, oddly enough have never heard that vertical cores cool better? Always assumed it was a packaging decision, ie great for front facing intake manifolds in a twin turbo configuration with a dual inlet lower and single outlet upper

The extra hp RMS refers to will come from the extra flow from the vertical core....the cooling won't be much different.

Still, WI is a good thing. I thought Millis had that already?

Yep already have WI. It's only for detonation control though (100% water).
Probably not as effective now i'm running e85

The extra hp RMS refers to will come from the extra flow from the vertical core....the cooling won't be much different.

Still, WI is a good thing. I thought Millis had that already?

Thanks for clearing that up Justen...:) I understood what he meant about the vertical flow IC vs the horizontal flow IC. In fact, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I had an earlier version of a turbo set up that had a Bell designed and built IC that was vertical flow, for the very reason being discussed here. Here is a pic:

Frontal_view_of_TT_kit.jpg

So, I do understand...I guess I was just not clear enough in my short comment...I meant add the W/M injection, cool the air further by doing so, add more fuel, air, boost because of it and gain 50 HP...;)

Ryan

:confused:
try again
Yea well mainly it helps keep detonation at bay ..
Not all engine's and combinations work the same..
So playing around with mixtures, amount used
to keep engine from detonation..
Especially engine's on pump fuel..
It shouldn't be used to add fuel when injectors are not up to power level..

GOOD to see some top fabrication !!
50 h.p gain would see much more with other mods...