New guy with experience

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

YOTAMOTA

I have been researching the 1uz swap into my 93 4runner. This sight has been very helpful. I bought a 91 and 94 ls 400 complete cars and am planning on doing this swap for my brother as well. I am a mechanic with ten years experience in toyota troubleshooting and rebuilding of 22re and the 3.SLOW. I was hoping to find a detailed wiring instructions. It looks like I,ll have to figure out a lot on my own or maybe I just need to learn how to navigate the threads a little better. I'm a car guy not a computer Guy.

Welcome! A number of guys have done this now, and I'm sure will help you, and/or you can look up Doc Tweak of Phoenix Tuning, who can help you with a custom harness.

Hey Anodyne .thanks for the info. I think I remember reading a thread you started on a detailed wiring conversion that was incomplete. did you finish that in another thread?

I put some pics of my stuff in my profile and will be documenting the swaps for everyone once I start. Havent figured out how to put a pic under my name when I post??

Dumn Question

How do I Make some one else message appear in my post like anodyne did. example Quote and then there is a box that contains my post from earlier in the day.

If you want to quote a single message, just go to that message and hit the "Quote" button, and it'll start a new reply to that message.

If you want to reply to a whole string of previous messages, you can use the "multiquote" button, which is the thingy next to the "Quote" button, but has quotation marks for an icon. Click that button for all messages you want to quote, then hit the "Quote" button on any of them, and it'll multiquote. It's easier to do than to explain....

Here's an example of using the multiquote:

How do I Make some one else message appear in my post like anodyne did. example Quote and then there is a box that contains my post from earlier in the day.

I put some pics of my stuff in my profile and will be documenting the swaps for everyone once I start. Havent figured out how to put a pic under my name when I post??

Hey Anodyne .thanks for the info. I think I remember reading a thread you started on a detailed wiring conversion that was incomplete. did you finish that in another thread?

If you want to quote a single message, just go to that message and hit the "Quote" button, and it'll start a new reply to that message.

If you want to reply to a whole string of previous messages, you can use the "multiquote" button, which is the thingy next to the "Quote" button, but has quotation marks for an icon. Click that button for all messages you want to quote, then hit the "Quote" button on any of them, and it'll multiquote. It's easier to do than to explain....

Here's an example of using the multiquote:

Thank you for the explanation and your patience

91 ls ecu

I read in the FAQ that there are issues with the 91/92 ecu and not reving past 2800 rpm. Anyone ever find a solution to this or is it still a mystery. one of my donor vehicles is a 91 and since this is my first swap of this engine I would like to know what to watch out for. It seems difficult enough to get the wiring correct and a problem like that would just add to a beginners frustration.

Exactly.. The amount of times I have heard people that should know better..
Say "it's the ECU" when 99.9% it's a lose wire or faulty sensor..
Easy to say in front of a car owner / customer as you cannot see the problem...

I remember way back when ECUs /EFI was first installed in cars.. The ecu was replaced to be sure.. Many 1000's where replaced.. Latter they checked the so called dud ecu's.. They found nearly all of them where working fine!!!!

Welcome aboard mate. What sort of rims/rubber is on the runner in that pic? Got any clearer/bigger pics?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard mate. What sort of rims/rubber is on the runner in that pic? Got any clearer/bigger pics?

hey man The runner has 35 12.50 20 inch Nitto Mud Grapplers with 20 inch 185p polished pacer wheels. I work for a custom auto shop that deals rims and tires and got a sweet deal because some guy didnt like them after he ordered them. I put some more pics in an album in my profile if you want to see them. I will take some better pics and upload ounce I get this thing in the shop 4 the swap!!!!!!

Last edited: