New Eaton TVS Superchargers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

I have been an advocate of turbocharging for over 20 years. I tried to bring screw type supercharging to the offshore powerboat race community in 1991. I understand the relative inefficiency of "roots" style supercharging verses "true" comressors.

That said I am excited by the new Eaton TVS superchargers. IF... and that is a big if... Eatons claims of adiabatic efficiency in the mid 70s (up to 76%) is true this is a breakthrough developement.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produ...Products/Products/Superchargers/TVS/index.htm

Adiabatic refers to temperature rise, how much the temperature increases for any given amount of boost created. The less heat the better the efficiency and the less likely the engine will detonate.

Both screw type superchargers and roots type superchargers are positive displacement devices. This simply means that for each rotation of the charger a specific volume is moved. Since a piston engine is also a positive displacement device the two (supercharger and engine) can be combined to create a fairly flat boost curve.

This also means that boost is available almost immediately at any RPM. This gives the engine the same "feel" as a bigger engine. From the standpoint of a street driven car this is usually considered the best and most fun way to get that wonderful low speed response and power.

With the production capacity and numbers that Eaton runs this all means low cost high efficiency superchargers.

These are hot stuff aren't they John? The ZR1 will be sporting one, right?

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to trickle into the aftermarket, and what the setups will cost.

These are already being fitted to the TRD Aurion here in Aus , it's an Aussie only model developed here for us !!
It has the new style Eaton S/C with the four lobes , I'm told that in normal driving it's awesome and when you wind it up it's an animal , a fair bit of torque steer as it's front wheel drive .
It's fitted to Toyota's 3.5 V6 and I want one for my Celsior !!
Would be good for the RX350 guys as it would bolt straight on .

yes i saw this site before but do they have the supercharger to fit my car?

What you want is a supercharger manifold and drive system that will fit your 300. If there is an eaton system available with the older M90 that could be used with minor mods. Otherwise, one would have to be created and I do not see the demand creating this.