Standalone ECU New boy to Aftermartket Standalones...need some help please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

leeky

Hi guys

I've never fitted or used an aftermarket standalone before so not too clued up

But was thinking if using a Crown ECU for my manual 1UZ was not really a good idea i was going to head for a Autronic as it seems to be well spoken of on here.

But which model would i need to go for? does it need to go straight onto a dyno to be setup? or can i load a basic map into it from a computer just to get the engine working?

Will the autronic handle everything? or will i need another ECU for ignition?

Please can someone tell me exactly what i need to buy :)

Im keeping the engine stock except for Rush Headers, Ally Pulleys and some Fast Road Cams.

Thanks

Lee

If you plan to add cams at any stage, its well worth investing in a stand alone ECU.

You'll have to talk to someone who sells them regarding which is better (SMC vs SM2 vs SM4). Find out which features you need, and purchase the corresponding ECU.

Autronic will run everything.

If you can get a map of someone you can load that and drive it.
If not, you will only be able to start it.
If you invest in a wideband o2 sensor though, you can tune the fuel, but not the ignition (unless you are confident you wont destroy the motor through detonation).

Autronic currently does not have knock sensing capabilites.

Autotune can be used for the fuel triming, but I'm not sure if thats an optional extra or standard.

When you buy an Autronic ECU from an authorised dealer the instructions will tell you how to make your own base map. Using another persons map is stupid.

not really, someone elses map could be used as a base. you could modify it from there.