New Bloke, Diff Ratio?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dreamkiller

G'day All, found this site a few weeks ago and am now the proud owner of a 1UZ-FE engine, which is currently being transplanted in my 1964 EH HOLDEN.
(Im from Brisbane QLD Australia)

My Question is in relation to what diff ratio i should use? and what ratios are used in the lexus/toyota v8's, im presumming there are a few different ratios used for various models. I will be running 14inch rims and probably 60profile tyres.

Cheers
TIM

Hi Im doing a conversion into a hg holden, and at the moment will run a 3.08 ratio with 205 65 15 but would like to try about a 3.9 ratio as top end speed is not my goal but good acceleration is, cheers Kris

the v8 makes plenty of torque.. so even a high ratio wont really matter... im going to use a supra 3.2:1 (seeing as my 1uz is going into a mk4 supra).

Congratulations on choosing a 1UZ FE.
I have got my 1UZ in a 320 BMW with a 3.15 to 1 diff and it goes great.
2500 rpm @ 100 kmh and still does 0 to 100 in just under 6 sec, it is only 1300 kg though.
Regards
Matt.

Thanks guys. I think ill go about 3.55:1 ratio. 3.9:1 might be too high with 14inch wheels and rev abit to high along the highway. My car im putting the donk into only ways 1100kg's so the 0-100 should be pretty damn good.

if the car is that light, im sure you can get away with an even higher ratio without compromising your 0-100 too much...

im not going for a fast launch, rather easy highway cruising, that's why im going a 3.2:1... and my car weighs a shitload more than yours, hehehe (mk4 supra) but im sure it will still drive nicely...

RJ