My SC470 Driving Impression

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

OneBadNA1NSX

Well, about two weeks or so, I was given the opportunity to drive the SC470, and get us lunch. Thanks a bunch David! :)
I remember him telling me "give it some abuse, it was meant to handle it", right when I pulled it out of the driveway. My original impression was that it was going to be a monster to drive... so I slowly drove it off the driveway and onto the streets. Right when I got on the gas, it was very friendly. The motor was not loud at all, and it was very comfortable driving around town. I babied it for a while, to get the feel of the car. I've only driven a stock SC400 once before this.. and that was up my driveway, hahha. A while later, I started opening the gas up. And wow, when you give it throttle, it just pulls!! Under medium hard throttle, the engine roars!! It makes a very beautiful sound while doing it too. I gunned it from a stoplight, and the tires only chirped twice, around 5000rpm with the wider tires in the rear (this was before he put the stockies back on). I gotta say, this is a VERY dailyable car, and has the power when you need it. Burnouts are effortless too, the tires already smoke at 2k rpm.
Earlier today, I was with David, and sitting in the passenger seat is a totally different feeling.... It's an instant plant you back into the seat. With stock tires now, it is a bit spin happy... but it's handleable.. Just don't step on the gas too hard.

I'll write a little more later... but for now I'm going back to sleep :)

Again, thanks for the experience David!

Eric

Man, I'll smoke that wagon in my Sc4 no problem.....

You should have really floored it Eric. Maybe even try a little street drifting to give Mr. Lex a scare...

Sounds nice man.....

I got to drive David's car yeserday--it was just around my block, but here's my impression:

First, I must say that most of my experience is with heavily modified smaller, lighter, lower horsepower cars (Toyota Corollas 1700-2000 lbs/150-200 HP). I do however have a 1967 Camaro convertable with a mildly built 327 in it--which is similar in size and weight to an SC400. I have never driven a stock SC400, so I can't tell how much improvement David actually got.

Like Eric said, the car sounds great when you step on it! Not too loud under normal conditions, but a nice powerful V8 roar when you gas it. Although unlike Eric, I stomped on it right away. I didn't do any standing starts, so I never spun the tires (except for a little powerslide around a corner--very nice). From 5-10 MPH it pulls real hard when you floor it. It pulls at least as hard as my Camaro , maybe even more (We'll have to do Irwindale, David). It doesn't pull as hard as my Corollas, but that's not a fair comparison.

Overall, I was very impressed, it is a very fun car to drive. Like my Camaro, it is a heavy car--but it doesn't move like one.

Mark