my d*mn seats!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dsabc2867

today i decided to adjust my seat in the car and to my surprise i saw that only one side of the back rest was moving. does anyone know how i would be able to fix this problem? its really annoying since i cant get my seat back to its original position.

I believe there's a plastic rod in them that breaks.

I'm probably wrong though :)

chances are, your easiest option is to replace the whole seat!

not good news

can someone please shine some light. i really dont wanna have to go through all that changing the seat stuff :crying:

oh well!!!

thank you so much for your help. but like most people im trying to save a buck. Or at least get the most bang for it. thanks again dude!!:)

I had this on my driver seat and found out a new seat from Lexus is over $3000 for a brand new replacement. I would search auto dismantlers for them... few hundred used isn't that bad.

I took one appart because it was doing the same thing. I found out that the motor was on the left and the movement was transmited through a rod with spline at each ends. Now the splines are all stripped and I don't know how the right hinge seized, but there's no way to move it. To reach the hinge you are gonna need to take a lot of stuff apart before being able to play with it and actualy see what you're doing. I'd try to locate an other one with trashed leather and replace the skin.

I'd give you both seats to play with, but I live way too far from you and shipping would be a killer. They do not worth notthing anyway, but you could probably use some parts on each to rebuild at least one.

If you have an LS400 or any other lexus for that matter get a pair of seat sliders and get some decent budget replacements... repairing gets pretty expensive. I was quoted $700 to overhaul both seats and that was mechanical not replaced leather... that was another $1500 on top! I replaced both of mine with Corbeau seats/sliders/harnesses and found their build quality to be pretty good for their price. I spent around $1000 for (2)-seats/sliders/harnesses. I tossed my options around and the OEM's were costing me a lot of money and weight =(

Corbeau.com

pull the back cover off the seat grab a pair of pliers and when the seat is ligned up force the shiny chrome lookin rod down the bottom towards the left side of the seat if your facing the back of it and if you want glue it in place

i think thats it!

corbeau is something that i have been looking at. the only problem that i have is that they dont have the seats that i want in that tan color. but i guess i could change the entire color of the car interior. thanks for the help guys.

I always seem to rep Corbeau and this is mostly due to the fact that they are the only company that offers bolt in sliders for my old LS. I have a dark gray interior so black seats with red here and there came out nice. I have their "LG1 or Legacy" in black cloth... suede was a little OG for my college budget LOL.

I feel ya... good aftermarket models with matching colors would do very well for an OEM interior but custom colored material is possible, just more cheese. Just FYI these harnesses are street legal, they have an inertia reel behind the seat for lockup and only $100 each.

img597.jpg

its a 92 with that champagne color and tan interior. it be sweet if i could change the color of the whole interior to black and maybe find some carbon fiber trim to put in. i have had too many cars that i have not completed and this is the one that im gonna finish. i have some really big plans for this one.

I kept mine in their locations and re-mounted the seatbelt lock from the old seats to the new sliders. They are street legal but i'm an out-of-towner here in Colorado with my California plates so I get pulled over and hassled a lot. I just push the harnesses off and put oem on lol. Also sometimes your going 2 min down the street and "strapping in" gets to be a pain so the oem's come in handy.

This is a repairable issue as its simply a splined rod that had become detached from one side of the seat chassis.

As has been said before, carefully remove the back from the seat, and look for a rod going from one side of the seat to the other. Put the seat backrest into the correct position, shove in the splined rod, with maybe some Locktite thread selant to hold it and bobs your uncle.......

Cheers,

Tony