My 92 Toyota 4x4 2uz Swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

2UZBEAST

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I Figured I Should Put In Some Info And Pics On The 2uzfe From The Toyota Tundra

Sorry Guys Ive Been Really Busy Lately, I Swapped Out The Slow Old 3wheeler (3 Liter) For A Complete 2000 Tundra 2uzfe And A340f Trans .i Used The Marlin Crawler A340 Automatic To 4cyl. Transfercase Adapter And Two Four Cylinder Transfer Cases One With The 4.7:1 Kit Which Turned Out To Be Way To Low For The Auto. I Just Passed The B.a.r. Inspection And It Is Now 100% California Legal.

How close did they inspect your engine? =] Did they confirm the OBDII and that it was all original? I wonder if I could fake it that my engine was a Tundra engine and tell em it's from a 4wd Toyota truck so why wouldn't it pass? :tongue2:

A friend of mine did a diesel conversion into his VW van and the DMV woman looked out the door across the parking lot and asked if that was the van. He said yes and she asked if the engine was all original, he said yes. She said, "ok" and signed a paper and that was all she needed!!! He was so mad cause he spent tons of time and $$ making it original and to run good. He would have just lied if he knew they wouldn't even walk out to look at it. :hypnotized:

well when they do the inspection they are just doing a smog on it like it is the vehicle that your engine came from so they entered in my vin, weighed it ect. just like a normal smog but then they look for all of the original emmisions equipment in my case 3 three way cats, evap. canister and all connections, all 4 o2 sensors and then they connect the obd2 connector of the smog machine and the smog machine checks for any codes stored and also checks for monitor status these two things are impossible to fake so if your vehicle is a 96 you must have a 96 up engine, and in my case an automatic transmission since toyota never made a manual v8 tundra (damn toyota):wtf: with every thing atatched including obd2 conn. if you want to get a bar label and be legal

That's brutal !!! Seriously I would rather just throw my 4cyl back in every couple years, which ain't that big of a deal to me. But I might not have to do that anyways...

You have to be proud after all of that! Now you can go do your thing with a manual swap and some more mods.

yes it did feel good to get it all complete and legal im just going to leave this one auto, i wish some one out there could come up with a 2uzfe manual trans ecu that would be sweet.

Just need to learn the ways of the Autronic or Link ecu etc. I used to think they were too expensive but now when I think about how bad I want the benefits I won't mind spending the cash. My problem is deciding which one. Then you can do anything you want and tune for each mod that you install on your engine. I would rather do some studying and take full control than to buy some piggyback unit for half as much just to regret it later.

Decisions decisions.

yes it did feel good to get it all complete and legal im just going to leave this one auto, i wish some one out there could come up with a 2uzfe manual trans ecu that would be sweet.

You do realise that in (some) markets, Toyota do sell a 2UZ/Manual combo?

They most certainly sell manual 2UZ-powered 100-series Landcruisers here in Australia...Food for thought, perhaps?

I ACTUALLY DID THE SOLID AXLE SWAP AT THE SAME TIME BUT IT WAS A VERY TIGHT FIT I REPLACED THE FACTORY RAG JOINT WITH A SMALLER STEERING SHAFT FROM A CAMRY WHICH WORKED PERFECTLY BUT I DID MOVE THE BOX TO HELP CLEAR THE AC COMPRESSOR, TO REPLY TO 1UZ-MX83 I HAVE READ THAT YOU GUYS HAVE 2UZFE MANUAL UZJ100'S IN AUSTRALIA BUT THE INFO HERE IS VERY LIMITED DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO GET A ECU AND A WIRING HARNESS FOR ONE I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THEM AT SOME POINT

great looking swap. i like the auto i have now and wouldn't mind keeping an auto, so this would be a perfect swap in my opinion.

Nice swap dude .. I'm doing something like here in Panamá in a HZJ-80 ( Land Cruiser )

here ..

IMG_3714.jpg

It will go with a manual H150 tranny and partime t-case HF1A

But I'm ready to start dealing with the APP sensor and the TPS .. the issues is I'm not sure how to acelerate the 2UZ-FE .. :D