'93 Toyota 4X4 1UZ swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shadetree

I started working on my '93 Toyota I bought with a blown V6 this weekend.
I am starting this thread to document my progress, and solicit advice.

Pulled the engine and test fit the 1uz. No way is it going to fit without a lift kit. The tranny needs to come up. I took a closer look at some other build threads, and everyone has the oil pan sitting above the front diff and steering damper. Cab has to go up so to make room for the tranny tunnel and the hood to close. I'd rather not lift it, but oh well.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII031.jpg
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII075.jpg
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII074.jpg
I may have to modify the one tube on the drivers header to clear the steering better. We'll see how it looks sitting a bit higher.

Bought the wrong bellhousing, D'oh!! I would of sworn the truck had a W56, but it has a R150F, which is better. Not having any success getting a response from KS racing on return, and restocking, etc. I might just buy another, and sell this one on ebay. Probably save me money on return shipping.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII019.jpg

Starting to sort out Megasquirt with edis. First projects will be the nuts and bolts stuff.
I am planning on bolting the 36-1 wheel to the crank pulley, perhaps washers to space it out. I wonder if the VR sensor will read properly with the wheel right next to the pulley, which is slightly bigger diameter.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII020.jpg

MS2.

Cab is off the truck. Engine is sitting on the rails. Looks pretty good. Still waiting for the proper bellhousing to show up before making the mounts. I have some funny pics from the cab removal, but they are on my buddy Chris' cam.

I am getting started on the wiring harness in the meantime. One little snag I have run into is my EDIS coil packs are not the same, and have different firing orders printed on them. Not sure what to make of that. I will figure it out.
commuter010.jpg
commuter009.jpg

I am going a different route on my EDIS 36-1 trigger wheel and VR sensor. I was planning to bolt the Ford aluminum wheel to the back of the crank pulley, and fab up a bracket for the Ford VR sensor. I am going with one of these instead, to replace the Lex trigger wheel, and use the stock Lex VR sensor and mounting. Should be alot cleaner.

36-1_Trigger_Wheel%20copy-500x500.jpg