MUMMY!!! I had a accident!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

but, the real reason for this thread, is this:

that gap used to be about 2 - 3 times as big as it is now...

so, whats bent? lol

it still corners alright, and drives straight.

any help would be great!!!

nope, I think the chassis took the hit...

that panel there nolonger lines up at all...

the bonnet scrapes it, and its sitting about 1/3rd inch too high where it meets the door...

also, the metal fitting on the bottom of the brake fluid resivour is now resting on the top of the suspension....

its f***d...

ouch man, I'd be a l ot nicer if it was the control arm.

that's a case for the frame master, i hope the frame can be repaired without gaining too much weakness.

But man, as long as YOU are ok, it's all that counts. I know it pisses to hear that, but it's true.

yes, the annoying thing, is that this is how it happened:

bangbn0.jpg

too fast? probably... but I've taken just as tight corners faster before... I do believe there was an oil patch on the road where the cars would normally sit to give way when coming around the corner... oh btw, we drive on the left of the road, so I'm coming from the top of the pic, and off to the right (was actually turning left, but you get the idea)

ended up on the wrong side of the road, heading straight for a four wheel drive (SUV maybe you call them? lol) the front wheels then gripped, pulling me back over the traffic island, and out of the path of the other vehicle...

I was probably doing 50km/hr around the corner (31miles per hour I do believe)

HMM!!!

something happened, there's no way you can miss this corner @ 50km/h. You could even corner this with an econoline at this speed.

Shi* happens... Will your insurance pay?

I reckon it must have just been too fast...

that, and the 30 degree celcius heat, making the road surface probably 35 - 40 degrees (100 farenheit?) probably didnt help...

nope, not covered by my insurance either... I've only got third party, property, fire and theft...

and I still cant work out whats bent!!! :censored:

Someone watched Drift Battle on the weekend.

I thought Adelaide had dirt roads?

I have seen worse damage repaird. There may be people with spare front cut parts going cheap.

Someone watched Drift Battle on the weekend.

I thought Adelaide had dirt roads?

I have seen worse damage repaird. There may be people with spare front cut parts going cheap.

yeah, Adelaide is a country town, with 5 hours, and a general store... :madfawk:

I wasn't drifting... seeing as I wasn't actually accellerating through the corner, and seeing as the front lost traction, not the back... sheesh.

Man..theres no way you were doing 50kph. Unless of course the curve you hit was like a foot high

There's heap's of damage, thoe's wheels are screwed and I can't believe you got 3 out of 4. nice job, There's gotta be some sorta medal for that!

either way it's never nice when you do damage like that:tapedshut:

Man..theres no way you were doing 50kph. Unless of course the curve you hit was like a foot high

There's heap's of damage, thoe's wheels are screwed and I can't believe you got 3 out of 4. nice job, There's gotta be some sorta medal for that!

either way it's never nice when you do damage like that:tapedshut:

I was doing 50km/hr...

I was coming from a 70 zone, and the road I was turning onto was 70 aswell, I'd be stupid to attempt the corner faster...

the island was probably about 15cm high? 6inches...

I actually damaged all 4 rims...

I made it completely across the island, and onto the wrong side of the road, then back again...

you can see two kinks in whatever ya wanna call that piece of metal there... lol

hmm...

How nice is the rest of the car? Is it worth fixing right or do you want to make it look and drive OK for less money?

I got hit in the front end on my 1983 Celica GT-S and the insurance just wanted to total it out and pay me next to nothing for it. I have thousands of dollars in the engine and suspension work, so I cut a deal with them for most of the money for the total and keeping the car. Once they took photos of the repair, they even re-insured it. I was able to re-align the suspension thanks to adjustable camber/caster plates on the struts and adjusting the length of the drag link (strut rod, whatever they call it there) to bring the wheel base on that side back in spec. You would need to move around the upper A-arm mounts (slots shims etc.) and possibly the lower A-arm as well. Once I got the suspension right, I then had to slot the bolt holes on the front fenders to move them to line up with the doors and hood. Then I got a bumper and grill from the junk yard and shimmed them to line up. If you look close, it is not perfect, but it drives better than ever (never took that much care aligning it before) and from a short distance it looks fine. My car is mainly for auto cross racing and at speed noone can tell.

Gary M.

that car is bent, It needs more that adjustment, Take it to a certified body shop, tell them its a track car and you want the frame straitend pay them cash run a way and never go back there

that car is bent, It needs more that adjustment, Take it to a certified body shop, tell them its a track car and you want the frame straitend pay them cash run a way and never go back there

its hardly bent!!!

and its not really the chassis, its just the frame where the suspension mounts...

it still drives in a straight line, and tomorrow I'm going to get some new rims, hopefully...

then I'll take it to a crash repairer, and see what they say, and probably just drive it bent for a few months anyway. lol