MUMMY!!! I had a accident!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Did anyone notice the white square in the front window of the car with a red "P" on it?

For our foriegn friends this sign indicates the driver is a "provisional" driver which says they are in their first year of driving or have lost their licence and are starting again.

In Australia the "P" plate is a warning to other road users that something unexpected/stupid is likely to happen for no good reason.

Looking at the accident scene and the story I would say "going too fast and the front let go and the driver failed to get off the gas". In it went head first.

Probably the commonest accident for a male P plate driver. Single vehicle head first into something.

I've spent millions of dollars fixing cars like that for young drivers who never seem to understand they were driving too fast for the conditions.

Did anyone notice the white square in the front window of the car with a red "P" on it?

For our foriegn friends this sign indicates the driver is a "provisional" driver which says they are in their first year of driving or have lost their licence and are starting again.

In Australia the "P" plate is a warning to other road users that something unexpected/stupid is likely to happen for no good reason.

Looking at the accident scene and the story I would say "going too fast and the front let go and the driver failed to get off the gas". In it went head first.

Probably the commonest accident for a male P plate driver. Single vehicle head first into something.

I've spent millions of dollars fixing cars like that for young drivers who never seem to understand they were driving too fast for the conditions.

yeah, thats pretty much it... apparently I found the limits of my 1700kg car, with soft air bag suspsension, and apparently the limits aren't very high... :p lol

yeha, I was going too fast, but thats just great... I mean, I know that NOW!!! alot of cars would have happily taken that corner at the speeds I was doing...

hindsight is a wonderfull thing. lol

ah well, I didn't really like the old rims anyway, but its a $1000 expense I could do without.

BTW, yes, I'm on my "P plates" I had them 3 days before I had my accident, but had been driving the car for 5 months, as I learnt to drive in it.

I'm 20, I could have learnt to drive when I was 16, but I didn't, as I was in no hurry to be able to drive, and really had nowhere to drive...

Death By Bass,

At least you're man enough to stand up say I got it wrong. Most people would say a tyre blew out or the "Johnson rod" failed (it doesn't exist). Good on you.

This sort of accident is why insurance is so expensive for young (under 25) drivers.

I bet you learned a big lesson.

I did'nt get my license until I was 25. The day I got my P's was the same day I was picking up my new car - a 1963 Chevy Belair lowrider. So my first day driving unassisted was a peak hour drive accross the other side of sydney. (50km) The car was delivered with no oil or water much to my amazement. Breaking down in smithfield in peakhour is no fun.

Death By Bass,

At least you're man enough to stand up say I got it wrong. Most people would say a tyre blew out or the "Johnson rod" failed (it doesn't exist). Good on you.

This sort of accident is why insurance is so expensive for young (under 25) drivers.

I bet you learned a big lesson.

actually, the thing is, I wasn't giving it throttle while going around the corner I may have even been breaking lightly...

now, I dont know if this is a result of the accident, but the drivers side (the side I hit worst) the brake rotor is now stiffer to turn around by hand than the other side...

hmm...

either way, I get new wheels now :D lol

I may have even been breaking lightly.........

ergo, straight to the scene of the accident. Breaking in the corner is as bad as over accelerating in a corner. Either way you overload what is at anytime only a small amount of tyre contact patch.

Anyway sounds like you learnt your lesson. We've all done it, just don't do it again as second time around then you're a real chump.

Cheers
Mark

ergo, straight to the scene of the accident. Breaking in the corner is as bad as over accelerating in a corner. Either way you overload what is at anytime only a small amount of tyre contact patch.

Anyway sounds like you learnt your lesson. We've all done it, just don't do it again as second time around then you're a real chump.

Cheers
Mark

yeah, braking would explain the understeer, but I dont remember consciously applying the brakes.

if I did have my foot on the brake pedal at all, it would have only just been enough to make the brake lights come on, but I doubt it would have been slowing down the car much.

either way, I hit the island, end of story :p lol

Attachments

• DSC02163.JPG
    DSC02163.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 17