Misfiring under load - MAF related.. need help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Well here is the issue.

Filled up @ Shell, car started to misfire under load.

Drained tank filled up with new Hess gas - problem persists
New Fuel Filter - problem persists
New Spark Plugs - problem persists
Replaced injectors with my spares - problem persists
Jumped B+ and FP for fuel pump - - problem persists

Unplugged MAF - fixed misfiring...

So does this confirm that is the MAF... or something related to it?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 208
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 206
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 201
I tried doing this too SC, we have very similar problems. I have missfire under load also, light cruising and heavy WOT are the only areas I get clean operation. If I am cruising at 25mph and throw into 1st gear, I get heavy misses, one after another, over and over until either I floor it... or lay off considerably and allow an upshift to lower my vacuum reading below zero vacuum.

I am in the process of dealing with my cut up cam sensors and am under the assumption thats my issue but I keep thinking my MAF is messed up.

I notice under a load climbing an incline, I get misses as i ride closer to zero vacuum, or close to it. Always goes away once i'm WOT in boost, or decent amount of vacuum.

I tried unplugging my MAF and then my car dies, if i give it gas, car dies. I must have an MAF to drive but don;t understand whats going on. I noticed a hole in the top of the sensor.. the rubebrized part that seals the top, it had an air leak that i could blow through. I sealed the entire top cover with grey RTV and no leaks but under the impression it's KO'ed.