Rough under load

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Baz B

Hi, I am re-commissioning my 91 Soarer 1uz after 2 1/2 years off the road.
I have replaced the coils , dissy caps, rotors, and fuel. It runs very rough at low throttle until you get to about 2500 rpm. then it takes off like a rocket. I removed the air filter and it's still the same.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gloverman, I'm not up to "modern" electronics, I'm old school. I will check fuel flow, pardon my ignorance but does AFM stand for air flow meter? I should be able to check ECU, I've had this car for about 15 years and this is the first time I've had to do anything to it.

Thanks Gloverman, I'm not up to "modern" electronics, I'm old school. I will check fuel flow, pardon my ignorance but does AFM stand for air flow meter? I should be able to check ECU, I've had this car for about 15 years and this is the first time I've had to do anything to it.
Try some old school logic. Is it running on all cylinders? Lift the plug leads one at a time. Listen for the engine to stumble a little and drop in RPM. If you can identify a cylinder that doesn't make any change to the way the engine's idling, its a pretty good sign that cylinder isn't working. Once you find the cylinder/s, check plug, plug lead, sticky injector etc.