misfire sc400 (long story)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ihiryu

Go down if you want to see the main points, I'm kinda frustrated so I had to say something!

Ok about a week and a half ago, I put some gas in my car, put roughly 20 bucks in her, and drove around for a bit then she started missing. I figured it was bad gas because it was only a slight miss.

I decided that I would drive out until it was near empty and I would fill up again. So a few days later, I went through that 20 bucks of bad gas, and filled her up at a different gas station. It still missed, but I figured I'd at least have to run the bad gas out of the lines and whatnot. 1 1/2 hour later of driving, still missing.

I continue to drive (to Dallas my destination point) another 1 1/2 hour, picked up some spark plugs (I assumed they were bad) and got to work at my grandpa's house. The entire passenger bank (don't forget sc400) had some oil on the plugs, but the last was the worst, it was actually soaked in oil.

I figured I needed new spark plug seals and no one around town had any, so I let her sit and putted around in my Mom's spare truck (tacoma baby! That thing will not die lol). Yesterday I was on my way home (3 hour drive) the car missed the entire time, didn't feel like it got any worse or anything, same bucking and what not.

I'm back at home now, and I've got the plug seals, I replace the seals (which is a total PITA) replace them and pull the plugs (insert wtf here) guess what? No oil on the plugs.

I drive her around, (after I reset the ecu and my safc, to be on the safe side) and she still misses, now it seems even worse. However, the plugs I checked they looked the same (as far as the passenger side bank goes) nothing different or anything, I however did find that two of my vacuum lines (on those metal lines by the TB) were disconnected, I know I didn't take them loose, and I don't know where they go.

____________Read here if you skipped chapter one____________________
To recap;

1) slight miss due to bad gas (assumtion)
2) ran gas out, and filled up again (different gas station)
3) noticed the miss was still there
4) replace spark plugs after a 3 hour drive
5) passenger bank had oil
6) drove home and replaced plug seals
7) checked plugs again (on passenger bank only) and plugs check out ok
8) Still missing (a lil bit worse, not too bad though)
9) noticed two vacuum lines are not connected off of the throttle body

Yeah so anyway else have an issue like this?? Also if you could help with the vacuum lines that'd be great too!

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like the injectors might still be a bit plugged up and/or their spray patterns aren't right.

I'd find a garage that has the BG fuel system flushing setup, and have the fuel lines and injectors cleaned with it. I'd also change the fuel filter.

Or if you feel adventurous, you could pull all the injectors out yourself and do this, but a garage with one of these setups should only charge you $150 to $180 to do it.

A friend of mine owns & operates a local automotive shop and says he is seeing more and more fuel system problems from no name gas, especially from the local Sam's Warehouse.

Hey thanks for the reply, that's what I was dreading, the injectors are a PITA.... Anyway I got it from our local chevron, I dunno I was thinking it has to do with the mixture of ethanol. I hear TX's gasoline is getting more ethanol in it. Just what I heard though