Misfire after work

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dooleysl

Car running perfect,went in to the fabricators for a steering conversion and came out not running.

After sorting out issues with the ignition switch and various dash related bits that they managed to break we can now start and run but with a misfire.

Have pulse on all the injectors and spark.........any ideas?

Running 80661-50251 ECU did wonder if they had damaged it while welding? Have a spare 89661-50160 is this compatible?

Any help or ideas appreciated

Sorry But the ECUs are not compatible. Ones a 20 series and the other a 10 series. Both have the same header plug but you will see one is central in the ECU case and the other is offset. 10 is grouped injection and 20 is sequential.

Have you checked the spark plugs. Not uncommon for plugs to foul with lots of starts and stops in a workshop.

I also had a vehicle get dropped in recently which was running poorly and it had low voltage to some of the main powers on the ECU. I have to trace where the issue is but to get it going I bridged some power across from other spots.

And it could also be coincidence. Maybe a coil or lead is on its way out.

Cheers

Has the engine been pressure washed? I had a similar problem. Some water entered down into the spark plug tubes. Dried it all out. Problem fixed.

They say they didn't even know it ran, despite being driven off the trailer....upto £400 to fix broken ignition and wiring ( the joy an old Mercedes as a donor vehicle). A well known fabrication shop, not a back street garage!

Another set of new plugs, new caps and rotors....still the same. Time to start swapping bits out.

One step forward and ten back, determined to get out and enjoy it in the Summer before the retrim over the winter.

Will post an update as and when I find the fault

Am going to head to the spares car and grab igniters and coil packs, waiting for my friend with diagnostics kit to call in and plug it in.

TBC

Not yet, still waiting.....have discovered while doing the steering conversion they have cut some of the exhaust shield away. Hopefully find some error codes later in the week.

Not yet, still waiting.....have discovered while doing the steering conversion they have cut some of the exhaust shield away. Hopefully find some error codes later in the week.

You could check yourself with a 12v bulb.

Apply ignition 12v to one side of the bulb and connect the other side to the 'W' pin at the ECU. (Yellow/red wire?)

So if I am correct would appear to be both oxygen sensors, guess they messed them up while welding/plasma cutting.

Any idea of a good source, looked on ebay seems to be a massive difference in price?

Hopefully a step nearer being back on the road

27 and 29 are sub O2 sensors not the main ones in the manifolds, so if you haven't got them, ignore those codes.
78 is fuel pump control. Again ignore that code if you're not using the fuel pump ECU.

Did you clear the codes after fitting the new parts?