MIG welding Stainless pipe with regular wire, bad? pointless?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
I am looking to make some headers for my S13 NA project and the only welder i have is my MIG. I wanted to use a stainless pipe for its better performance but i would be welding it up with just the normal wire and a 75/25 mix gas, not pure argon. I know i CAN weld all this together because iv done it but will any problems pop up down the road? Is there any reason i should just use mild steel?

Why not get some pure argon or some stain mix and stainless wire for the mig?

You are defeating one of the purposes of stainless if the weld joints are mild. Yes, the stainless will retain heat which is better for scavaging, but the weld joints will corrode and fail. You'ed be better off picking up a spool of stainless wire and getting a bottle of agron.

What he said. The co2 will breakdown into o2 in the arc. The o2 will contaminate the weld. Just like if you had poor shielding gas coverage. It'll corrode, rust, weaken ect. Could you do it, yes. But you'd not pass any form of inspection doing that. Grab a real thing of tri-mix, or straight argon. They have just enough o2 to keep the puddle wet & flowing, but not enough to seriously contaminate the weld the majority of the time.

Leave the C25 for mild steel. Where the co2 gives alot penitration, breaks down into o2 & gives a really good flowing puddle, and the argon helps stabalize the arc & cool it down. Not for stainless tho.