Gas MIG Welding

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dave,google shows " 1 (cubic feet) per hour = 0.471947443 liters per minute "

I tried a Henrob/Cobra before to "TIG" some mild steel pieces. The torch felt a little clumsy to me compared to a TIG torch,if I spent more time with it I'm sure I'd get used to it (other people wanted to give it a try so I only spent a few minutes on it). I wouldn't mind owning one if the price was right.

Im welding with my mig 220V machine, at around 107 welding Amps and my gas at 30, im burning through 1/4 inch steel. thats also with a 75/25 Argon CO2 metal mix.

I learned to arc weld at trade-school/Tafe what ever you call it.
Loved to weld but never a big fan of the Arc setup,

Finally I went out and got myself a 200amp mig welder and never looked back. If you ask me arc welding sucks, Mig is 10x better and easer.

Thing is I've never used a TIG welder, I know there better for making stronger neater welds but how hard are they to use?

Or is it just the fact that there used for other materials like Chromoly, Aluminum etc

Finally I went out and got myself a 200amp mig welder and never looked back. If you ask me arc welding sucks, Mig is 10x better and easer.

Thing is I've never used a TIG welder, I know there better for making stronger neater welds but how hard are they to use?

Or is it just the fact that there used for other materials like Chromoly, Aluminum etc

Arc welding is really only for construction and farming--not for cars. It seems that everyone learns that way first though.

For automotive fabrication TIG is good for really small and/or thin stuff that MIG would either melt through or leave beads way too big for the items being joined--and yeah, you can weld just about anything with TIG (if is has DC and AC output).

Mark

Arc welding is really only for construction and farming--not for cars. It seems that everyone learns that way first though.

For automotive fabrication TIG is good for really small and/or thin stuff that MIG would either melt through or leave beads way too big for the items being joined--and yeah, you can weld just about anything with TIG (if is has DC and AC output).

Mark
That's partially true. If you practice with arc welding, you could get the bead nicely like the TIG. The only downside that I see with arc welding is it gives too much splatter.

I usually work with 6mm plate and up to 10mm so ARC suits that fine.

Mig would be a serious machine to handle 10mm

Mig would be nice for exhaust and sheetmetal.

I usually work with 6mm plate and up to 10mm so ARC suits that fine.

Mig would be a serious machine to handle 10mm

Mig would be nice for exhaust and sheetmetal.
That's true. I just recently tested the ARC 230 V with a 1/2" mild steel plate. It punched a hole easily with no sweat. I don't remember what current I set it at but I think I only set it at around 140 amp.

That's partially true. If you practice with arc welding, you could get the bead nicely like the TIG. The only downside that I see with arc welding is it gives too much splatter.

That is very true, but only on thicker material. The thinner the material, the harder it is to get a nice bead and dont even bother trying to weld anything less then 16ga with SMAW (commonly know as arc welding).

That is very true, but only on thicker material. The thinner the material, the harder it is to get a nice bead and dont even bother trying to weld anything less then 16ga with SMAW (commonly know as arc welding).
Yeah, arc welding to very thin material can punch holes easily.

Cjsupra90, I just talked to a high 9 second streetable Honda Civic and his car is awesome. I wonder what he'll think if he knows your GIF Icon is a T "fuzzing" a H...Lol.

stick is fine. There are still enough sintuations you'd pick stick over gmaw/fcaw to keep it around.
wire welding is 10x faster, cheaper & easier to run that tig. Especialy if you're running pulse. tig is just better & takes longer.

Which basically means tig everything provided you ahve the time, money & energy to do it... for car work, you honestly wouldn't need tig if you had a wire setup new enough to have a pulsed transfer.

tig is great because it's more impressive... lol

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 20
GTAW (Tig) is definitly more impressive then any other form and welding and in every aspect better. Even though I mainly only use my Tig and barely ever use my Mig anymore, for general auto use, Mig is still probably the best bet.