MGM Lives!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rytherwr

After 13 months, the Mean Green Machine is living, breathing and running!!! May be the first civilian 2uzfe hot rod back together and running....but I'm not sure. Started up as soon as it built oil pressure. Found a couple of block drain cock leaks, fixed 'em, found a fuel leak...fixed it and ran it up to 2500 RPM for 10 minutes, changed the oil and filter, ran it to 2500 for another 10 minutes and washed a year's worth of grime off it. Seems to run very well....I am breaking it in without the supercharger and turbo installed. Will put around 2K miles on it and then transform it into the the MGM....Of all things, I have lost the driveshaft nuts and have to wait until I get some in before I can drive it. Go figger. More to come as stuff happens...

Wayne

Wow..... with those H beam rods.... and custom pistons.... they can handle tons of pressure..... break it in... and open it up.....

Plain Vanilla

Jibby....I put it back together with the stock intake, etc....to break it in, so it looks like any other Tundra 2uzfe....nothing to take pics of....however, once I get the blower, nitrous and turbo in place, I will provide pics and hopefully..video.

Wayne

Wayne, did you break the motor in with the OEM ECU, OEM+piggyback, standalone, or ????

How did it look during breakin? Lots of smoke, etc.? Compression good afterward?

John

Hey John,

Broke it in with all OEM stuff, no piggy back, stock intake, stock injectors, etc....about the only smoke I saw was from me spilling oil and transmission fluid on the headers...:eek:) Looks good...as a matter of fact, I was surprised at the lack of smoke from the exhaust....running a little rich as the computer is trying to catch back up with the tune....I have a Supra TT fuel pump in the tank and it is running a little rich as it was when I first put the pump in until the computer adjusted. You can tell they aren't stock cams at idle compared to how it ran before, but nothing drastic or undriveable. A little noisier than the stock motor, but I may have screwed up when I measured clearance for the shims. It's not bad enough where I'm concerned about it. On the third oil change, I ran it up to tempature and revved it a couple of times...I was surprised at the response with the 8.7:1 compression...seemed pretty crisp although, when we opened the lobes up for the forced induction, it would have raised the dynamic cr some, so maybe that is a helper with the low static cr. Anyway, more to come if I can find the nuts for my driveshaft....It's the little things that count, I'm told...:eek:)

Wayne

Living, breathing...just on hold while I finish up some other projects and do some technical research....have patience, grasshoppa.....either that or send me lots of money and brains....:eek:)

Living, breathing...just on hold while I finish up some other projects and do some technical research....have patience, grasshoppa.....either that or send me lots of money and brains....:eek:)
Its been months man... are you going to post something , a vid , etc.
Or did you waste your money on the Tundra motor rebuilding and now regret it?:damnit:

If I had spent that kind of cash I would be doing some driving in the vehicle with all the mods to feel like it was worth it.
LATER.:tongue2:

I highly recommend that if all you have to do is harass people concerning something you have absolutely no investment in (money or brains), I'd stay off the forum and be a nice fella...:eek:)

What we tend to forget is that these projects don't necessarily move along according to the whims of this forum.

They move along according to the interests, budgets and time resources of the project owners.

I'm sure when Wayne has something interesting to share, he will.