Max bhp in a NA V8?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rydning

What is the maximum BHP in a normaly aspirated 4.0 1uzfe V8 you know about?
And what RPM are you running?

Aprox...400rwhp at 5600rpm from what I know so far....., keep in mind the stock injectors can only serve up to approx..370rwhp then you go lean...Also the stock tranny will fail before the engine does...

Is this on a normaly aspirated??? No turbos,no nos,no compressor??
I`m not intending to use stock fuel/Ecu.

Is it any dyno numbers on this?

That 400rwhp was with nos and that was not me.....

A total NA motor may dyno with some exhaust mods, intake and ECU, cams maybe, what? I would guess 260whp or so...That would be the best....this is horsepower rated at the wheels....I understand your question now....I have never seen one dyno that high but I would imagine it could be achieved....

The early model 1UZ-FE come stock and rated at 186rwhp and lose some over the years but with exhaust - complete exhaust including headers, straight pipes, etc.. ECU, cams, new wires, and intake and a great tune you could possibly get to the 260whp range I would think maybe even 270whp.....That is a good question!!!!!

Cams, exhaust and ECU may bring you 100hp at most...

granted they are expensive, and for possibly the cost of a turbo.

but its all toyota parts inside and they drop right in. so reliability is assured.

and oh yea, the torque.

i'd say with the stroker you can break 300 whp.

mm , i have a friend that has a race motor , that has spent alot of money
dry sumped, 650 deamon carb(holly 4 barrel)because of the race class rules must be under 4 litre and carburettored
420rwhp @ 7000 rpm , torque curve goes vertical from 5500rpm to 9500 rpm,

Attachments

• new turbo header2.JPG
    new turbo header2.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 12
alflys said:
mm , i have a friend that has a race motor , that has spent alot of money
dry sumped, 650 deamon carb(holly 4 barrel)because of the race class rules must be under 4 litre and carburettored
420rwhp @ 7000 rpm , torque curve goes vertical from 5500rpm to 9500 rpm,
Do you have any dyno sheets you can put in this tread?Are you sure you not mean the torque curves goes nearly horisontal in that range?
Is it possible to get any spec on the engine?Piston,rods,valves,cams,etc?

Would be very nice if I could get some info because I`m getting 2 V8 in the end of this mounth,and will beginn to build on one of them.

hello ,
i can try to get some information for you .
but i do know that $45,000 nzd at least was spent .
the motor was built by csl cams in nz.
as for the internals i will try to get some info on them but as it is a race motor , maybe the owner is not too happy about the info being quiet well known .
i will try to give more info .
i have a video of the race car on dyno. i have seen the dyno sheets .
and the power torque is definatly as stated.

100-110hp/L (400-440hp 1UZ) is around the acceptable limit for an NA motor that will last a decent amount of time.

Somewhere around the 80-90hp/L (320-360hp 1UZ)is about the limit you'd want for a daily driver, and not sacrifice too much drivablilty (a huge amount of NA power will result in loss of low down power)

200hp/L is possible, but don't expect the motor to last more than a few thousand km.

easy is relative. easy to me is being able to swap crank/rods with ones that drop right in. but to some pulling motors doesnt sound easy.

300rwhp is an easy goal, providing you are happy to sacrific the driveability that comes with figures nearing 100hp/L

Is that through an auto, or manual?

You will need extractors, intake mods, cams, programable ecu, bigger injectors.
You should be able to get away without port/polish, and you should only have to use medium sized cams.
But there are too many factors to say "this and this and this will net you 300rwhp"

But the goal is very achievable.