MAP sensor help. Tubes.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cuh8er

Hoping this will be a quick one.
Can anyone tell me where the 2 tubes on the MAP sensor go?
I have searched for days, and can't even find a picture to help me.

I am thinking I might be able to plug one of the holes up....?

Cheers!

1UZ's don't run a MAP sensor.

Airflow is measured via a Karman Vortex generator in the AFM which is mounted behind the air filter.

map

hi mate mine has one tube andit goes to the manifold i dont run a air flow meter

Attachments

• Picture 017 2.JPG
    Picture 017 2.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 020 2.JPG
    Picture 020 2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture 021 2.JPG
    Picture 021 2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 199
1UZ's don't run a MAP sensor.

Airflow is measured via a Karman Vortex generator in the AFM which is mounted behind the air filter.

Hmmmm ok.
On the passanger side of the engine (Aus), mounted on the plenum, towards the rear of the engine, is a small black sensor with 2 tubes coming from it.

Can anyone tell me what it is then....?

That will be the carbon canister valve or VSV I think. One goes to the throttle body and the other to the carbon canister. You can probably junk it if it is on a conversion.

Yo Cobber...

is the charcoal canister part of the EGR system? Mine makes weird noises after shutoff and never seems to do anything. if my EGR is ripped out can I toss the can too? Never really traced it's origins before.

Not part of the EGR system but part of the emission control system. The weired noises after shut off is probably the idle speed control valve cycling.
The canister may still be needed as part of the breather system for the fuel tank. You may be able to junk the VSV valve and plug the lines if you wanted to.

Here's a pic. It's roughly in the middle of the pic, you can see one of the ports has a plug on it.

P2200283.jpg

Cheers

Fredo,

I assume you're running an aftermarket ECU or interceptor to replace the AFM.

Cuh8er,

The box you refer to is the VSV solenoid. It purges petrol fumes from the canister into the plenum.

It won't affect your performance and I'm sure EPA would love to see it there (even if the hoses are blocked) as it is an integral part of the emissions system.

My advice would be use the charcoal canister (or one from another vehicle) as it will keep your engineer happy and the registration guys on your side.

I have one on my vehicle and it took a few minutes to run the tank breather line to it and connect it up. No one can say I don't have one.

Whilst your set up may not comply with the emissions standards it will look like it does.

The last thing you want is to be directed to an EPA test centre. This can see your vehicle off the road for a long time.