Spitronics Map

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Vaughan H

Hi!

I recently bought a Sprinter van fitted with an old 1UZFE VVTi motor and am converting it into a camper. After purchase found out was fitted with a Spitronics Mercury 2 ECU. A major shock to my 71 yr old system because I know nothing about electronic systems.

So the learning curve has started. The engine was running very badly, intermittently good - so I decided it was electrics because all the wiring in the vehicle was the worst mess I have ever seen. Tidied it up. Got is started, running slightly better. Connected to my laptop via Spitronics - oh dear! Does not look good. So......

I am urgent need of a Start-up Map. Please.

I have seen a few posts of members who have offered maps including their own improved maps. Yes Please!

I have my laptop and USB - am hoping to get her running - then tune it from there. Thanks.

Vaughan.

Email: [email protected]

Have you talked to the guys at spitronics? As they have a range of reasonable maps for the UZ engines
Good morning Gloverman from Cape Town, South Africa!

The time here right now is 8am. Might I ask where in the world are you?

Spitronics....???? I bought the Sprinter, found the Spitronics in it, found them on the internet - and Wow - support!!! Contacted support - they said they would get a agent to contact me. Agent...??? Almost a week of silence. I contact them again - was told these agents are very busy give at least a day for them to reply.... A gentleman, the agent Spitronics referred to, from the town George 400 kms from me in Cape Town, finally contacted me. The result was a friend of mine in George bought the USB cable and MAP from him on my behalf. I had many problems getting the system to work, hence many WhatsApp messages to him - no response. Called him -was asked to send email, which I did - no response. Further calls to him - said he would get back to me - no response till now. This over a period of a few months. As far as I am concerned their Support is pathetic close to non-existent. I was later asked by Spitronics who I bought the Mercury2 from, because I must contact that agent - even though I repeatedly told them I bought the vehicle with it already fitted and thus did not know - but from my point of view it is bought and paid for and they advertise support...... sigh..... I have given up getting support from them. Another company in Cape Town was an agent for Spitronics - they told me they gave up the agency due to lack of support.

Sorry about the long story, but that is my experience with them. I am retired, 71 years old, almost no further funds to spend on this project, been trying to learn a whole new field of motor electronics which is completely new to me. I started sorting the wiring - the worst I seen in my life ie pieces of wire joined together to make them longer with no insulation tape on the joints.... traced a faulty crank position sensor and replaced it ..... fitted a relay for the main battery power because it did not have one..... the list goes on. Got it started, not running well but running with what looks like to me a bad map because the graphs are all over the place.

I must admit I am getting tired of struggling. That is why I am looking for a map that is working which will give me the confidence to know that side is working and carry on to sort the engine out, try tune it further myself if needed (most likely will).

I will be extremely grateful if I could get a good working map.

Thank you.

Vaughan.

I have used spits a few times on non vvti's with great success and found the company extremely helpful with all my interactions. I have also gained some associates in SA who also have great results. Have you taken some time to read the help file? Have you done the basics of all aftermarket engine management systems and checked the base timing? checked calibration of the map sensor? calibrated the TPS? Do you have a wideband attached to check the AFR?

I have used spits a few times on non vvti's with great success and found the company extremely helpful with all my interactions. I have also gained some associates in SA who also have great results. Have you taken some time to read the help file? Have you done the basics of all aftermarket engine management systems and checked the base timing? checked calibration of the map sensor? calibrated the TPS? Do you have a wideband attached to check the AFR?
Hi there. Thanks your reply. I have found them unresponsive to my queries, I assume because as they told me in no uncertain terms I did not buy it from them / I don't know who the agent was. I have done all you mentioned except AFR because I don't have one.