MAF/ Map Sensor Help ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jgscott

OK I have seen this in a few other threads but am still kinda confused. I have a US 97 SC400. I have SS headers, Unichip, X Exhaust, BFI, and was running a dry Zex kit, but am now converting over to a Wet kit.

My question is about the Unichip and deleting the MAF in the intake. I thought that the Unichip could do it but was was told by Unichip that it could, but it would need a MAP to run off of. I am very confused as to if the MAP is something that I would make, in the intake for the Unichip to read off of and be tuned, or does that mean that the Unichip will not, be able to run with no MAF.

I very much like my Unichip as it can control my A/F, Timming both retard and advance, delete the Auto trans shift retards, as well as have a secound map that allows me to run two different programs one with A/F and timming advance and another when I hit the Nitrous switch that changes the A/F for Nitrous, Retards, Sprays progressive by RPM and cuts Nitrous before the rev limiter.

Can someone please help me who is knowledgable about how to delete the Factory MAF and the least expensive way to do it. Maybe add something still running the Unichip, or do I need to get a new piggy bank like the SMT7 ?? Below is a picture of the MAF that I have. Thanks

For you application u should just stick with MAF as what you have now. MAP is nice but you will need to rewire the unichip, retune and need to purchase new parts. Running MAP is not too street or tune friendly. What is your plan?

As above, converting to MAP will require a complete retune of the unichip (that is assuming you can do it).

But saying that MAP is not street or tune friendly is incorrect.
Its no different to MAF/AFM providing the tune is correct.

I've been on the search for a Unichip programmer(tool) for a few years, hoping that some Subaru shop/tuner would be ready to sell one. They cost as much as the Unichip itself when new, and are probably just a simple circuit.