Manual Supra LSD in an SC400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Curious, has anyone tried to use the Supra TT (6 speed or manual) Torsen LSD on an SC400?

I currently am running a 1993 Supra tt (automatic) on my 1992 SC400 now and wondering if the even lower gearing in the manual LSD is possible?????

I am interested in lowering the gearing ratio and wondering what options are available?

Attachments

• HPIM0121a.JPG
    HPIM0121a.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM0122.JPG
    HPIM0122.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 2
  • HPIM0128.JPG
    HPIM0128.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 2
Get the non-turbo Supra LSD which has 4.083:1 gearing - this is the same as the TT Soarer diff and would help with your acceleration.

The auto Supra diff you have now is 3.769:1 which is probably taller than the SC diff you replaced - at least on the V8 Soarer the stock diff is 3.916:1.

The Supra 6 speed diff is abou 3.2:1 and physically too big.

So the non turbo Supra is not an LSD? I don't think it is, and can the gear be removed and bolted into my current LSD? Looking for different gearing to increase my 0-60mph times...

Damien - That was a vantastic write up on your website...Thanks for taking the time to find out all the information and facts and then post it on your webasite...Absolutely a huge help and clears up a lot of grey areas.......THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Damien where have you and your website been all this time? I have been looking for those facts on Torsen LSD'd and gearing for many moons....It seems everyone has different answers when these questions are being asked, finally I get some cold hard facts...Again thanks man.......

It took a while to find out what was fact and what was opinion but I spoke to people who had actually pulled the diffs down to see what's what. Happy to help!

Is is just the driver shafts being different that prevents the TT m/t diff from going in, or are the mounts also different? I'm interested in putting in some lower (numericaly taller) gearing to bring my RPM's down on the freeway at cruise if I can ever get enough money scrounged up to go FI. It has been debated that this is a moot point on a n/a for gas MPG, as the motor would drop out of its efficency range, but everyone seems to agree that it would be fine on an FI setup. Swapping in some supra axles doesn't seem to be that big of a problem.

You've got that the wrong way around - lower gearing (numerically larger) will increase your RPM.

However, the Supra TT diff has a larger body so there's a bit of work to get it to fit but it can be done. There a couple of TT Soarers in Aus who have fitted the Supra 6 speed gearbox and diff.

Damien said:
You've got that the wrong way around - lower gearing (numerically larger) will increase your RPM.

However, the Supra TT diff has a larger body so there's a bit of work to get it to fit but it can be done. There a couple of TT Soarers in Aus who have fitted the Supra 6 speed gearbox and diff.
I'm in LA, CA too btw, I have a 93 SC400 with the Lextreme 2800 high stall TQ and the n/a supra LSD.

I love the setup, you can really feel it work, I do not have numbers to go alone with it though.

Email me if you would like to check it out anytime.

[email protected]

If you spend a little time and read you'll learn that between the oem open diff, the n/a supra LSD, and the TRD internal core LSD you cover all your variable types of differentials/LSD's, 1.5/open/1.0(I believe thats correct), depending on how you drive and what kind of driving you are doing is what you should consider when swapping these in.