Manual Conversion (SC400)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Xir, remember that we need to take down the 2jz ring gear and weld the 1uz ring gear to it, so whatever flywheel you go with, make sure it has the ring gear. : )

Eric

Right, the 2jz ring gear is machined down, and the 1uz ring gear welded on. There is a difference in the inside diameter.

Thanks man!

Eric

Here's a .jpg of part of the adapter plate system that was sent to me today.

ADAPTER_RING_TRANS1.jpg

Cowboy that plate adapter is $380 bucks? Man, I am about to bust out the jig saw, drill and bits and find me a thick slab to cut me out this plate, ha ha... A ruler, number 2 pencil and drafting board and I will be set.... No seriously I have been in touch with a two real good machinests here in the LA area whom one does these adapter makes for the porcshe's swaps. I remember he told me he can make just about any adapter plate as long as he has the blue prints and or plans for around $200 a peice on average. Bulk makes even less..

Cowboy, if you put this plate adapter make together and have invested alot of your time and have financial interest at stake I completely understand and you do not have to respond. However, if you have no interest I think maybe we should talk and save everyone a little cash on these adaptor plate makes. You can pm me if you want. Just trying to help out everyone....

If im not mistaken there are two plates. So by your guy jibby at 200 a pop it would be 400 for both plates.

Thanks for the heads up cowboy, i would have made an unnessesary mistake.

Got it, cool... Eric not sure if you can put a patent on a auto part of that nature, but it is worth a try because there maybe some copy cats out there....the plates sound nice and that they were really made to order, good job.....I may suggest to you to contact a few of the larger adapter making companies in the US to see if they would be interested in stocking these adaptors for re-sale. I saw two large companies off Google search but forgot their names, maybe one was called American Adaptors not sure. Just one call to the man and you could get paid, just a thought for you.

Once the acutual machining starts. It should be by the end of the week.

Eric

hi guys,, heres a teaser pic or 2.. it is of a setup we are working on.. this is for all the lexus v8 guys who are considering the swap--AT to man..

it is an initiall look at what will soon be available.. any and all options from a single disc to a 2 or 3 disc clutch is in the works.. so, i dont want to hear any complaints how the lexus v8 never gets any attention.. cowboy bepops adapters should be put to some good use---soon.. for anybody buying his adaptors, im sure you will be able to get these clutches from him as well as me.. by the way,, so far,, it is looking like these will not only handle power,, but be a good value as well..
so it it looks like things will coming together soon--keep an eye on the thread for details..

WOW! That looks great! I can't wait until we can bring the adapters and the clutch kits together. Will these clutch kits come with an option for a center mounted hydrolic release bearing?

Eric

hi eric, and jibby, the clutches will come complete with thier own hydraulic bearing.. they will work with the factory-toyota/lexus master..
if you notice in the pic,, the AT flywheel will still be in place.. that will help keep cost down-because of ringear issues..
the clutches come with thier own flywheel, are user rebuildble, and can come in a variety of material, including carbon-carbon--but those will be pricey..
as far as holding ability,, as much as 1200 ft lbs-breakaway torque.
also,, these are lighter , so they will free up some power..
tthe unit in the pic -complete inc flywheel is less then 30 lbs,, and because it is smaller in diameter,, has a much better MOI..(easier to move).. the one in the pic is rated at 800 ft lbs, and is a 2 disc unit.. that is very similar to the unit i will be installing on rdms car----
lastly--these are bolt on..no flywheel machining will be rquired..

chrisman said:
hi eric, and jibby, the clutches will come complete with thier own hydraulic bearing.. they will work with the factory-toyota/lexus master..
if you notice in the pic,, the AT flywheel will still be in place.. that will help keep cost down-because of ringear issues..
the clutches come with thier own flywheel, are user rebuildble, and can come in a variety of material, including carbon-carbon--but those will be pricey..
as far as holding ability,, as much as 1200 ft lbs-breakaway torque.
also,, these are lighter , so they will free up some power..
tthe unit in the pic -complete inc flywheel is less then 30 lbs,, and because it is smaller in diameter,, has a much better MOI..(easier to move).. the one in the pic is rated at 800 ft lbs, and is a 2 disc unit.. that is very similar to the unit i will be installing on rdms car----
lastly--these are bolt on..no flywheel machining will be rquired..
Man, I am very excited to see these come to fruition. Thanks again for all of the legwork.

Eric

Chrisman, keeping the flexplate is a brilliant idea. Eliminates the need to build a custom flywheel, and sorts out the ring gear & starter issues. Having a hydraulic T.O. bearing is pretty cool too.

There must be a LOT of interest, judging by the fact that your PM box is full, hehehe. Can you please clean it out?

John

that clutch looks great!!!!
is that clutch can be mate with r154 transmission too or only with v160?
(question is about input shaft: are v160 and r154 have identical spline pattern or not?)

thanks
Jerry
btw any ballmark about prices for single and two clutch set up?

Yes I am getting excited about this. Finally a manual SC4 in the US! I am wth jtjerry is there any ballpark figures? Time to get working on a manual:veryhappy

So, because I was working and not able to check the website, I missed out on the "low" price?

Man, I paid $480 for the 1UZ, $50 for the complete W58, and it's going in a $1300 car. Apparently you guys never heard of the Grassroots Motorsports $200X challenge where complete race cars are built for under $2000 dollars... (last year's winner was a $2000 V8 RX7 that looked good and ran 11s in the quarter as well as puling 1G in the slalom)

Not everyone out here is building $30k-up Supras/SC400s. There needs to be a lower dollar solution that matches the cost of building domestics. And seeing the kind of markup usually seen on retail electronics is a real turnoff...

I don't plan on ever making mroe than 280 hp or so, and spending more than the cost of the car/engine/trans combined just to adapt the engine and trans together seems crazy...