Manifold design... Log vs... log... ha

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

NEEEDDD BOOOST.

In all seriousness, I was going to construct a pretty easy straight forward design on my MK3 1uz Supra. Consisting of a single HX35, I am trying to figure out if my 2nd design of a log manifold setup would be a lot more beneficial than the first.

Take a look.

piping1.jpg

Pretty self explanatory. Does option #2 provide MUCH more benifit than option #1? Id be happy in the low 300 range with like 8psi or so... somewhere around there. Something to daily if need be.

Matt

IF the first one has the primary runners entering log at say ?? 45* angle where the entry is egg shaped it's not as bad flowing as they seem...Cutting the lower section off a 45* steam pipe bend works well.. Gives big egg shaped entry ..
They don't heat under bonnet quite as much as 2nd design..
I would be using 1 1/4 primaries to 2" log..
I have done some with the back two cylinder into the end of log just behind second cylinder from front on 6 cyl / pushrod V8 manifolds...
l.jpg
Either will work .. Just keep away from sharp 90* bends...
One thing to take into consideration is the expansion rate.. If there two short primaries & two long there's going to be some differences in expansion...
Drill the outer holes on flange plate larger to allow for expansion...
Unless your into F1 type power levels ?? Turbine exhaust manifolds can be very agricultural looking but still work..

Last edited:
Well for the T it was going to be something like this...

PFBWTee.jpg

Its pretty good but not what you described. What do you think?

Yes indeed it is. So the better question is... can I get away with #1 or is #2 superior with the steam pipe T's? I like those T's because it does incorporate a radius so its not just a 90*.

Yes indeed it is. So the better question is... can I get away with #1 or is #2 superior with the steam pipe T's? I like those T's because it does incorporate a radius so its not just a 90*.
YEP !!
I guess #1 is easier so I would go with that..

If you can make the pipe from flange to T longer with 45* off flange to keep things nice and tight.. Less chance of exhaust reversion..
These can also be angled slightly towards the direction of flow so it's not full on 90* ...
Get some pipe & tack some up ?? Take some pics before welding ??..
This is my latest manifold to T6 flange..
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108552&postcount=13

Last edited: