m90 iuz supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

NuiStyles

just fitted secondhand m90 with a a1 turbos manifold.standard 1uz early mid sump standard ecu and extractors. put on dyno yesterday.shows to have lean idle and leans off big at 5000 rpm. is 214 kw and 399 nm torque at 3500 rpm.as is with no tune. was told needs after market computer to make safe.recommends link g3plus or g4storm.to stop from leaning out and improve idle.does the standard fuel pressure regulator cope with boost or should i replace with aftermarket?what do u guys set your rev limits to with aftermarket ecu? standard ecu cuts mine at 6300.boost is 6psi.

Stock bottom end I wouldn't go much past 6500.

Some here have had good luck with a rising rate pressure regulator as a temporary band-aid for the lean problem at low boost before going to new injectors.

You will want bigger injectors lime green 315's probably and I would defiantly go aftermarket ecu. I am running the standard fuel reg at 11psi boost and have not had any problems.
Rising rate fuel regulator will help but still nowhere near as good as aftermarket ecu.
Spend the money you will not regret it.
My soft rev cut is 7000 rpm and hard at 7200 but with a supercharger you don't need to rev them out because of all the extra torque.

thanks guys! link g4 it is then and 6500 rev limit to be safe.thought injectors might max out.315 r the 7mge ones right?ive also changed the plugs to one heat range colder and gapped to 35 thou.he said ls1 coils is an option with running link if i want up the ignition money money money!.even un tuned goes great. i didnt get a stock dyno run to no what the gain is.

I run 22.5psi on an Opcon supercharger with the stock standard Toyota ignition and it hasn't been found wanting yet.

Spend the money on the Link then get it tuned and see how it goes.

If you have ignition trouble then upgrade to the LS1 coils.

Or you could probably use the 7MGTE balck top 440 cc injectors as well (what I'm running). I wouldn't bother with the lsx coil packs unless you find some cheap the lexus dizzy set up works fine.

yeah good advice guys.cant wait!! man 22.5psi is that even drivable lol 2 hands on the steering wheel all the time.thought hard about getting supercharger now wish id done it sooner hehe

these guys are right, you have a good start (very similar to my planned build) the ECU is where to spend the money, and the 7m injectors are cheap. you do not gain any tuneability from just a FPR

I would say 7500, that is well within limits of the stock internals.

These motors have a shorter stroke than a 2J and can easily take it.

I reved mine to 8K on daily basis, until the 170,000 miles auto didn't want to shift. Working on R154 conversion right now, and thinking about some 272's with stronger springs.

In his case, yes he would gain tunability from just an RRFPR. He is leaning out by 5k and its dangereous because he needs more fuel, hence "rising rate". like Cribbj said, it's definently a band aid but if he is fine with his power and just wants that extra fuel up top then he should be just fine. I ran my procharged 1uz 7psi for over a year in and out of major elevation changes and mine ran fine with a rising rate. Not excellent, but very acceptable for me. Steve rode the edge of sanity at 9psi with one also. When my summer break was over and it was back to colorado's 5,000 foot elevation I just turned down my ratio a couple clicks until all the rich "smell" started to lessen at WOT and then I left it there. I had a much closer AFR up here than my friends 08' evo with factory sea level tune and even he was ok with his diesel-like exhaust.

all in all, if you have the cash tho, get the correct tune.

Last edited:
spf_lexus;103811... Steve rode the edge of sanity at 9psi with one also. When my summer break was over and it was back to colorado's 5 said:
I actually ran 11 psi with it along with a HP-HF 255 lph with insanity. :D 9 psi was fine with no problem. To be safe, I don't recommend running it past 8 psi.

just fitted secondhand m90 with a a1 turbos manifold.standard 1uz early mid sump standard ecu and extractors. put on dyno yesterday.shows to have lean idle and leans off big at 5000 rpm. is 214 kw and 399 nm torque at 3500 rpm.as is with no tune. was told needs after market computer to make safe.recommends link g3plus or g4storm.to stop from leaning out and improve idle.does the standard fuel pressure regulator cope with boost or should i replace with aftermarket?what do u guys set your rev limits to with aftermarket ecu? standard ecu cuts mine at 6300.boost is 6psi.

For us here in the US ;)

204 kW = 274 hp
399 nm = 294 tq

Pictures please!

So, no fuel management or fuel enrichment at all? I would be worried.

sounds about right. I did 305rwhp and 350ft/lbs with my M90, with a 50shot of nitrous.

I am heading to the metal shop to go pick up some 1/2" aluminum plate to start working on my M112 manifold.

My M90 already sticks out of the hood, so don't really care if the M112 will. But the manifold I will be making will bolt to the factory lower.

That lower manifold has already proven to be a restriction above 5500 rpm on NA motors.

Of course you can always overcome restrictions with more boost, but if I were you, I'd think twice about basing a new design on using that lower unit.

I will flow test both and see. The smallest part of the manifold is the mating surface to the head. On my setup, I made a custom manifold, but mainly to retain a radiused inlet.

I took mine to 8,000rpm on a daily basis. I don't think my manifold will flow much better than the stock manifiold with a radius.

Last edited:
depends.

I have had many failures on creating an economical replicable, custom parts and so now, when I make a prototype, I really concentrate on the design for easier duplication.

This one could be rather simple, but we will see. The richmond and others are nice, but sure are pricey. Plus I get comments all the time about the supercharger sticking out of the hood. Even though it is kinda ghetto...well, really ghetto, nobody has really said negative about it, because the "WHAT THE" over rules the ghetto. HAHA

I want to fit the jaguar m112 and chargecoolers, so would be sticking out the bonnet.
But while im designing this a bolt on affair would be nice if its not too expensive, and i prefer ghetto !!!