LX470 Excess Fuel Consumption

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

crushu

My LX470 gets 20 litres per 100km, which is pretty bad considering everyone else gets about 15 litres.
It gets 20 whether you are driving city, country, towing a small trailer in the country, anything!
I have fitted a new (genuine Toyota) airfilter, Fuel Filter, and correct Platinum Plugs.
It sounds as smooth as, and I run 95 or 98 octane fuel, so no knocking.

Any tips on what it could be? I have tried all different driving styles, but no better.

It has 200,000k's on it.

Thanks

My LX470 gets 20 litres per 100km, which is pretty bad considering everyone else gets about 15 litres.
It gets 20 whether you are driving city, country, towing a small trailer in the country, anything!
I have fitted a new (genuine Toyota) airfilter, Fuel Filter, and correct Platinum Plugs.
It sounds as smooth as, and I run 95 or 98 octane fuel, so no knocking.

Any tips on what it could be? I have tried all different driving styles, but no better.

It has 200,000k's on it.

Thanks

Thats roughly 11.5 miles per galon. I'd say it's normal for a truck this size, my LS400 gets about the same, and I used to get 14mpg in a 2001 MDX (3.5 V6)

Anyone who can get a LX470 under 20l/100k in the city must have a real light right foot.

The beast has the fuel tank from hell because it has the fuel consumption from hell.

You could always move to Porsche Cayenne. They get 24l/100k round town, but at least their fast.

It doesn't sound like you have one, I have not found another one that gets 20l/100, all I've found are getting much better economy.

Attachments

• P1010011 (Large).jpg
    P1010011 (Large).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0494 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0494 (Large).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5
I live in an area where every other Mum drive a V8 Cruiser or LX470.

Their more common than Holdens in my area and none of the owners get exited about the economy.

They purchesd an uneconomical vehicle and they live with it.

Oh, ok.

Does anyone have some first hand experience with these?
Contrary to the people in Sydney, Melbourne Lexus/Landcruisers tend to get 15l/100 and mine doesn't.

Are the tappets adjustable? If so, do they need regular adjustments? It seems quiet enough, but I am running out of things to try.

It does seem to be low on power, compared to a Sahara we test drove.

Valve clearances are only adjustable by replacing the shims.

If it needed that you would hear it load and clear.

15l/100 is unatainable.

Think about it the beast weights 2.3 tonnes.

A Holden Commodore won't return 15 around town.

My ML320 turns around 18/100 and 12 in the country but it is a small 6.

My wife's SLK55 turns around 19-20/100k around the city and it would weigh a little more than half what the LX weighs.

Don't believe all you hear.

I just did a Websearch. Not one Lexus Site will publish the economy figures. The best I found was one suggesting 13 MPG in the city and 17MPG in the country. I do know 17MPG is 17litres/100K

Does that tell you something?

Toyota won't publish the economy figures (now there's a contradiction of terms when applied the the LX470)as they are pretty horrible.

Just accept it is what it is.

If you want comfort, perfomance and 2.5 tonnes of truck it will drink fuel no if's or but's.

Personally if I was getting 20l/100 around town out of an LX I wouldn't be unhappy.

I will leave this thread alone now. 20l/100 is not right, I can name 5 others that are getting 15l or therabouts. If others here are getting 20l unladen, and are driving somewhat normally, it is excessive.

Obviously there are not enough owners here, but thanks anyway.

BTW, V6 commodore will return 12l/100, LS1 will get 14-16l/100 depending on trans. Zuffin, you say they won't achieve 15l around town? I drove different ones for the last 10 years, as a company car.

If you say an LS1 will get 15l arpund town how do you expect to move the extra Tonne and not use fuel.

Go and ask the Toyota Dealer what economy they actually get not the theoretical figures they throw around.

As I said before 20l/100 around towen and I'd be very happy. Toyota don't have some magical ability to build super economical trucks.

If you say an LS1 will get 15l arpund town how do you expect to move the extra Tonne and not use fuel.

Go and ask the Toyota Dealer what economy they actually get not the theoretical figures they throw around.

As I said before 20l/100 around towen and I'd be very happy. Toyota don't have some magical ability to build super economical trucks.

My friends LX470 gets 16l with him driving, his wife gets 14l. Another friends GXV gets 15l, and 20l towing his 30' boat.
No magic, no smoke and mirrors, just plain fact.

Anyone ELSE?